Gentianaceae? Acantaceae?

griphuz

Jan 13, 2023, 3:50:17 AM1/13/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

Thank you for accepting membership!
I observed a plant possibly in the Gentianaceae or Acantaceae family I would like to identify;

Location; Arunachal Pradesh, Upper siang District
Altitude: 2300 m a.s.l.
Growing in shades forest floor.

Does anyone recognise this? Genus only, or even confirmed familiy only is also much appreciated! Thank you!
Kind regards,
     Remko Beuving.

IMG_20221022_085150.jpgIMG_20221022_083401.jpgIMG_20221022_083407.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jan 13, 2023, 3:54:59 AM1/13/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, gri...@gmail.com

With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Jan 13, 2023, 3:55:58 AM1/13/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, gri...@gmail.com
To me appears close.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Jan 13, 2023, 3:58:22 AM1/13/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, gri...@gmail.com
When was it clicked?
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Jan 13, 2023, 4:03:31 AM1/13/23
to efloraofindia, griphuz
Thanks, Remko ji

On Fri, 13 Jan 2023 at 14:29, griphuz <gri...@gmail.com> wrote:
These pictures were taken last oktober, like 22-10-2022.

(Melastomaceae) Sarcopyramis sp indeed looks like it! the shape of the fruit is almost identical! Thank you very much!

Kind regards,
     Remko

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Remko Beuving

Jan 13, 2023, 5:44:52 AM1/13/23
to eFloraofIndia
After some quick searching, a source ( Check List 17 (1): 233–237, https://pubag.nal.usda.gov/catalog/7282727) tells me there are only two species in India represented for this Genus;
S. subramanii and the allied S. nepalensis
Judging from pictures I find in scientific articles so far I must say my species is neither one of these...
Posibly a new record for India, or possibly even a new species??
Sarcopyramis bodinieri from neighbouring Yunnan & Tibet does not fit the discription either...
Probably much to early to conclude such a thing, but daunting!
Kind regards,
     Remko.

J.M. Garg

Jan 13, 2023, 5:58:03 AM1/13/23
to efloraofindia, gri...@gmail.com
Why not S. nepalensis ?

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 13, 2023, 6:09:44 AM1/13/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, J.M. Garg, gri...@gmail.com

Sarcopyramis napalensis Wall. seems to be the correct ID !

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Jan 13, 2023, 9:34:50 AM1/13/23
to griphuz, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks, Remko ji.

On Fri, 13 Jan 2023 at 19:22, griphuz <gri...@gmail.com> wrote:
Well it might be a variety of that species possibly, but none of the pictures I can find on the Internet (many of them are from genuine botanical trustworthy websites) show this marbeled pattern and colouration on the leaf surface

Kind regards,
     Remko.

--
With regards,