Tutari

Adesh Shivkar

Sep 3, 2008, 5:09:28 PM9/3/08
to indian...@googlegroups.com, wildflowerindia
Place: Kass Plateau, Approx. 20 kms north of Satara, Maharashtra.
Location of flower / plant: Road side bushes

Date: 29th to 31st Aug'08

Equipment: Canon 40 D Camera + Tamron 90 mm macro lens

Species: Rhamphicarpa longiflora

Local name (Marathi) : Tutari

Notes: This plant is a root parasite on grass and opens up in the night.

Warm Regards,
Adesh Shivkar

Ramphicarpa longiflora-2_filtered.jpg

Adesh Shivkar

Sep 4, 2008, 2:12:25 PM9/4/08
to Padmini Raghavan, indian...@googlegroups.com, wildflowerindia
Yes...surely.....thats a very important point taken :-)

Will include the other features of the plants as well in future outings..........

I am cc ing your suggestion to the groups also for a larger auidence ....

Request all to please critic the images and give your valuable suggestions..... this will also help me to contribute better and in a scientific manner ;-)

Warm Regards,
Adesh

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 10:46 PM, Padmini Raghavan <pad...@gmail.com> wrote:
  May I suggest that you include some photos of the whole plant and details of the leaves etc so that it is instructive to lay people like me who would like to learn to identify new varieties.
  That would make it not only a photographic exercise, but a botany lesson too.
Your pics are good enough to mount and frame but apart form the name, they do not tell any story.
 Hope you take kindly to the suggestion,
Padmini.

vinod kumar gupta

Sep 4, 2008, 3:19:18 PM9/4/08
to Adesh Shivkar, Padmini Raghavan, indian...@googlegroups.com, wildflowerindia

The point is well taken,but with a rider.

One should limit the number of attchments to a particular mail as far as possible,so that it does not become a lengthy exercise,especially now with yahoo mail,the thumbnails seem to be no longer appearing on opening the mail

Vinod