PLANT68 JUN 09

satish phadke

Jul 3, 2009, 10:05:22 AM7/3/09
to indiantreepix Indian
I had been to Lahaul and Spiti valley(Himachal) between 20th and 30th Jun 2009. It was a bright summer and had plenty of sighting opportunities of plants, birds and some mammals.
This one was shot near Rohtang pass Alt. 3900 m.
Identification of Himalayan flora is very difficult,Though I have purchased Flowers of Himalaya by Polunin and Stainton.I will require help from members.
I think this plant is Iris kemaonensis
Family: Iridaceae
Dr Satish Phadke
--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com
Iris.jpg

Swagat

Jul 3, 2009, 10:29:32 AM7/3/09
to satish phadke, indiantreepix Indian
Dear Dr. Satishji,

You are right,,, It is " Iris kemaonensis"

Please check...

~Swagat
9223217568

JM Garg

Jul 8, 2017, 7:27:49 AM7/8/17
to efloraofindia, Satish Phadke, GurcharanSingh
May be Iris hookeriana as per images & keys herein.
Iris.jpg