Ficus for Id_ Terdi_Ratnagiri

Neha Singh

May 17, 2021, 3:39:58 AM5/17/21
to efloraofindia
Ficus tree was observed in a riverine habitat at Terdi, Ratnagiri District, Maharashtra.
I could not ascertain tree height  in the ungrowth.

Habitat- Wild
Month of observation- June 2020
Please help in id.

--
Thanks
Best Regards

Neha Singh
 FORREST

  The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Ficus _Fruit_Terdi 2.JPG
Ficus _Leaves_Terdi 1.JPG
Ficus _Leaves_Terdi.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

May 17, 2021, 5:01:58 AM5/17/21
to efloraindia, Neha Singh, J.M. Garg
Ficus tinctoria G.Forst. ??
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

May 17, 2021, 1:14:18 PM5/17/21
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Neha Singh, J.M. Garg
I think different from tinctoria Saroj ji,
ant varieties are there like this,
With regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack 05/17/21, 10:42:15 PM

radha veach

May 18, 2021, 10:14:49 PM5/18/21
to efloraofindia
Ficus virens most likely

Regards
Radha

radha veach

May 18, 2021, 11:34:20 PM5/18/21
to efloraofindia
Actually the leaves resemble F. racemosa, but the single fig on the end of a twig is mysterious. Ficus racemosa often have these kinds of insect galls.

regards
Radha

radha veach

May 18, 2021, 11:49:36 PM5/18/21
to efloraofindia
Or possibly that fruit is from another plant..

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "efloraofindia" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/484ff887-f9e6-47ad-be83-31fbc5f02235n%40googlegroups.com.

Neha.FORREST

May 20, 2021, 2:01:26 AM5/20/21
to efloraofindia
Radha ji, leaves were different from F racemosa and  fruits were not growing near the tree trunk. There were many such fruits ( as in photograph)
Saroj Ji, It didn't look like F.tinctoria either.

J.M. Garg

May 28, 2021, 4:20:52 AM5/28/21
to efloraofindia, Neha Singh, Saroj Kasaju, radha veach, Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Ficus tinctoria G.Forst. ??
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

I think different from tinctoria Saroj ji,

ant varieties are there like this,- from Paradesi ji

Ficus virens most likely
Regards

Radha

Actually the leaves resemble F. racemosa, but the single fig on the end of a twig is mysterious. Ficus racemosa often have these kinds of insect galls.
regards

Radha

Or possibly that fruit is from another plant..- Radha ji

Radha ji, leaves were different from F racemosa and  fruits were not growing near the tree trunk. There were many such fruits ( as in photograph)

Saroj Ji, It didn't look like F.tinctoria either.- from Neha ji

With regards,
J.M.Garg
Ficus _Fruit_Terdi 2.JPG
Ficus _Leaves_Terdi 1.JPG
Ficus _Leaves_Terdi.JPG

J.M. Garg

May 28, 2021, 5:43:50 AM5/28/21
to efloraofindia, Neha Singh, Saroj Kasaju, radha veach, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
This should be Ficus virens W. T. Aiton (F. virens var. virens), this is a dynamic species behaves differently in various habitats, I think for this plant fruiting was at an end.

As per my view leaf arrangements in F. virens are similar to Madhuca sp. and Terminalia bellirica clustering on branch tips.

Kind regards,
Varun
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

radha veach

May 31, 2021, 2:57:51 PM5/31/21
to efloraofindia
Hi Neha,

do you have any more images of this plant to share?

thanks
Radha

Neha.FORREST

Jun 1, 2021, 11:07:39 AM6/1/21
to efloraofindia
Radha ji, Unfortunately I have these three pics only.
Will be visiting that forest area again this year.  Will capture more photos and  get back to you all.

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Jun 1, 2021, 11:22:21 AM6/1/21
to efloraofindia
That will lead final ID ma'am,
We will wait for your posts,
With regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack 06/01/21, 08:50:40 PM

radha veach

Jun 1, 2021, 1:19:57 PM6/1/21
to efloraofindia
Looking forward to additional images.
Thanks, Neha

Regards
Radha

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "efloraofindia" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/CAPTGuvHs1ZPjAFzNC4DoREaDRsXSZW3UnOwXHFgdWpRFP%3DmNXQ%40mail.gmail.com.