Asteraceae Week (Part I - Radiate heads) :: Blainvillea acmella at Thane :: 08 AUG 10 02:26 :: DV03

Dinesh Valke

Apr 30, 2013, 4:00:36 PM4/30/13
to efloraofindia
Asteraceae Week (Part I - Radiate heads)
aster, daisy, or sunflower family
Blainvillea acmella (L.) Philipson
¿ blay-en-VIL-lee-uh ? -- named for Henri Marie Ducrotay de Blainville, French biologist ... CalFlora
ak-MEL-uh or AK-mel-uh -- little point ... Dave's Botanary

commonly known as: annual para cress

Native to: n-e tropical Africa, s China, India, Nepal, Sri Lanka; naturalized in paleotropics

at Vaghbil, Thane on 19 SEP 09

Blainvillea acmella

Annual Para Cress

at Vaghbil, Thane on 08 AUG 10

Blainvillea acmella

Blainvillea acmella

Blainvillea acmella

at Pateshwar near Satara on 08 SEP 12

Blainvillea acmella

Blainvillea acmella
Regards.
Dinesh

Nidhan Singh

Apr 30, 2013, 8:41:45 PM4/30/13
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Thanks Dinesh Ji for showing this..

--

---

Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Assistant Professor
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227

Balkar Singh

Apr 30, 2013, 9:49:32 PM4/30/13
to Nidhan Singh, Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Nice set of Pics Dinesh Ji
Dr Balkar Singh
Head, Deptt. of Botany and Biotechnology &
Horticulture Incharge
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

surajitkoley

Apr 30, 2013, 10:02:48 PM4/30/13
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Beautiful capture Dinesh Ji.

Regards,

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 30, 2013, 11:25:24 PM4/30/13
to surajitkoley, indian...@googlegroups.com
Beautiful photographs Dinesh ji

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Dinesh Valke

May 1, 2013, 2:29:14 AM5/1/13
to Gurcharan Singh, surajitkoley, efloraofindia
Thank you Nidhan ji, Balkar ji, Surajit ji and Gurcharan ji.
Regards.
Dinesh

Satish Phadke

May 11, 2013, 6:45:51 AM5/11/13
to Dinesh Valke, Gurcharan Singh, surajitkoley, efloraofindia
Very good find. Clear pictures too.
I can see opposite leaves ovate rhomboid. which are hispid(?)
Heads which are yellow or white(Here)0.5-1cm in diameter in axillary and terminal cymes with long peduncles.
Pappus is supposed to be characteristic : of 1-3 weak bristles;

Dr Satish Phadke