Flora of Panipat- Cissampelos pareira

29 views
Skip to first unread message

Balkar Arya

unread,
Jul 13, 2011, 11:01:16 AM7/13/11
to indiantreepix
Dear All
Cissampelos pareira
from Panipat Jatal Road

--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Head, Deptt. of Botany and Biotechnology
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964
cissampelos pareira.JPG

Muthu Karthick

unread,
Jul 14, 2011, 12:47:09 AM7/14/11
to Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
Dear sir, 
What is the difference this Cissampelos pareira and Stephania japonica in the same family?
--
Muthu Karthick, N
Care Earth Trust
#15, second main road,
Thillai ganga nagar,
Chennai - 600 061
Mob: 0091 96268 33911
www.careearthtrust.org

Smilax004

unread,
Jul 14, 2011, 6:28:41 AM7/14/11
to efloraofindia
Hi,


Cissampelos pareira and Stephania japonica belong to the family
Menispermaceae
Both species are dioecious.

In Stephania leaves are glabrous as are the stem as well
In Cissampelos leaves and stem tomentose
In Stephania the petiole (leaf stalk) joins the leaf away from the
edge / conspicuously peltate (resembles Cyclea peltata) generally
triangular-rotund.
In Cissampelos the petiole joins the leaf close to the edge

In Stephania flowers arranged in stalked umbellate cymes
In Cissampelos Male inflorescences axillary, solitary or few
fascicled, corymbose cymes and pubescent whereas, female
inflorescences thyrsoid, narrow

Some useful Links:
Stephania japonica

http://www.hear.org/pier/species/stephania_japonica.htm
http://www.efloras.org/florataxon.aspx?flora_id=2&taxon_id=200008451


Cissampelos pareira
http://www.efloras.org/florataxon.aspx?flora_id=2&taxon_id=242313190


Regards
Giby



On Jul 14, 9:47 am, Muthu Karthick <nmk....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear sir,
> What is the difference this *Cissampelos pareira* and *Stephania
> japonica*in the same family?

Mahadeswara

unread,
Jul 14, 2011, 8:43:06 AM7/14/11
to efloraofindia, Smilax004

Excellent. Such clarifications/ explanation are indeed very useful for
identification of the species. Many who do not have access to floras
are benefitted. I stand to gain. Thanks to Smilax ji .

On Jul 14, 3:28 pm, Smilax004 <giby.kuriak...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Cissampelos pareira and Stephania japonica belong to the family
> Menispermaceae
> Both species are dioecious.
>
> In Stephania leaves are glabrous as are the stem as well
> In Cissampelos leaves and stem tomentose
> In Stephania the petiole (leaf stalk) joins the leaf away from the
> edge / conspicuously peltate (resembles Cyclea peltata) generally
> triangular-rotund.
> In Cissampelos the petiole joins the leaf close to the edge
>
> In Stephania flowers arranged in stalked umbellate cymes
> In Cissampelos Male inflorescences axillary, solitary or few
> fascicled, corymbose cymes and pubescent whereas, female
> inflorescences thyrsoid, narrow
>
> Some useful Links:
> Stephania japonica
>
> http://www.hear.org/pier/species/stephania_japonica.htmhttp://www.efloras.org/florataxon.aspx?flora_id=2&taxon_id=200008451
>
> Cissampelos pareirahttp://www.efloras.org/florataxon.aspx?flora_id=2&taxon_id=242313190
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages