Fw: ID Please !

arvind kadus

Jul 19, 2010, 1:20:25 PM7/19/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com

ID for this plant please.
Location : Goa beaches.
Type :      Shrub.
Having inforacence and fruits also ( Tiny black with strong aroma) ( Don't have the photoes.)
I have collected the sticks and planted at my home. Thease are now well sprouted and became like a shrub.
I think it may be a species from Vitex.
Please confirm or ID this plant.
Regards.
Dr. Kadus Arvind
09422085606.

IMG_4765A.JPG

R. Vijayasankar

Jul 19, 2010, 7:00:25 PM7/19/10
to arvind kadus, indian...@googlegroups.com
Vitex trifolia, perhaps.

With regards

Vijayasankar

tanay bose

Jul 19, 2010, 11:46:51 PM7/19/10
to R. Vijayasankar, arvind kadus, indian...@googlegroups.com
Vitex trifolia is very sound choice !! This species of Vitex is most concentrated in coastal regions generally around beaches!
I have seen this in Orissa cost several times

Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Pardeshi S.

Jul 20, 2010, 4:50:52 AM7/20/10
to efloraofindia
I dnt think it is Vitex trifolia.

On Jul 20, 8:46 am, tanay bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Vitex trifolia is very sound choice !! This species of Vitex is most
> concentrated in coastal regions generally around beaches!
> I have seen this in Orissa cost several times
>
> Tanay
>
> On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 4:30 AM, R. Vijayasankar
> <vijay.botan...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > *Vitex trifolia*,* *perhaps.
>
> > With regards
>
> > Vijayasankar

Divakar

Jul 20, 2010, 7:50:09 AM7/20/10
to efloraofindia
Vitex trifolia (Verbenaceae)
Common shrub along the beaches in Goa
-Divakar
>  IMG_4765A.JPG
> 93KViewDownload

J.M. Garg

Sep 9, 2010, 4:18:45 PM9/9/10
to efloraofindia, arvind kadus, tanay bose, satish pardeshi, Vijayasankar Raman, Divakar

Earlier relevant feedback:

“Vitex trifolia, perhaps.

With regards

Vijayasankar”

“Vitex trifolia is very sound choice !! This species of Vitex is most concentrated in coastal regions generally around beaches!

I have seen this in Orissa cost several times

Tanay”

“I dnt think it is Vitex trifolia.” from Pardeshi ji,

"Vitex trifolia (Verbenaceae)
Common shrub along the beaches in Goa
-Divakar"

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

IMG_4765A.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 9, 2010, 6:11:47 PM10/9/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, arvind kadus, tanay bose, satish pardeshi, Vijayasankar Raman, Divakar
I also think Vitex trifolia.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor