Ipomoea ID BK 2

1 view

bindu kapadia

Sep 16, 2009, 2:35:00 PM9/16/09
to indiantreepix, wildflowerindia
Again taken at the lake Kalote Farm on this sunday.
Is it Ipomoea only?
Regards,
Bindu
Picture 030 Ipomia-1.jpg
Picture 031 Ipomia-2.jpg

singhg .

Sep 16, 2009, 5:33:16 PM9/16/09
to WildFlo...@yahoogroups.com, indiantreepix

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 11:35 AM, bindu kapadia <bind...@gmail.com> wrote:

[Attachment(s) from bindu kapadia included below]
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___
Bindu ji
It is not Ipomoea. Most probably Thunbergia erecta (Benth.) T. Anderson, commonly known as Bush clockvine, King's-mantle

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Department of Botany

singhg .

Sep 16, 2009, 5:44:24 PM9/16/09
to bindu kapadia, indiantreepix, wildflowerindia

Padmini Raghavan

Sep 16, 2009, 8:46:47 PM9/16/09
to singhg ., bindu kapadia, indiantreepix, wildflowerindia
Is it Thunbergia erecta?
Padmini Raghavan.

Dinesh Valke

Sep 16, 2009, 10:32:48 PM9/16/09
to Padmini Raghavan, singhg ., bindu kapadia, indiantreepix, wildflowerindia
... this is Thunbergia grandiflora ... commonly known as Bengal clock vine, Bengal trumpet vine, blue sky flower, blue sky vine, blue trumpet vine • Bengali: nil lota • Hindi: नील लता nil lata
There is another off-white coloured flower variety (or cultivar) T. grandiflora 'Alba'.

Will be happy to know about its origin / nativity ... I could not find names for the plant in other languages of India.

Regards.

Dinesh Valke

Sep 16, 2009, 10:35:28 PM9/16/09
to Padmini Raghavan, singhg ., bindu kapadia, indiantreepix, wildflowerindia
Oh, I made a mistake here, it is indeed T. erecta as Padmini ji has commented.

T. erecta is commonly known as bush clock vine, king's mantle ... native to tropical Africa.

santhosh kumar es

Sep 17, 2009, 12:03:13 AM9/17/09
to bindu kapadia, indiantreepix, wildflowerindia
This is Thunbergia erecta

Santhosh

2009/9/16 bindu kapadia <bind...@gmail.com>
--
SANTHOSH
-----------------------------------

Dr. E S SANTHOSH KUMAR
Tropical Botanic Garden and Research Institute, Palode
Thiruvananthapuram-695562
Kerala, India
www.drsanthosh.wetpaint.com
 Please consider your environmental responsibility:Before printing this e-mail, ask yourself whether you need a hard copy!

bindu kapadia

Sep 17, 2009, 2:24:42 AM9/17/09
to indiantreepix, wildflowerindia
Thanks Dineshji,Padmini ji and Santoshji
Regards,
Bindu

Navendu

Sep 17, 2009, 12:29:17 PM9/17/09
to indiantreepix
I think this is Meyenia (may be earlier i was called thunbergia)

navendu

singhg .

Sep 17, 2009, 2:00:20 PM9/17/09
to Navendu, indiantreepix
On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 9:29 AM, Navendu <navend...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think this is Meyenia (may be earlier i was called thunbergia)
>
> navendu

Sorry for the typo. I did not realise I had typed b for g

Tabish

Sep 17, 2009, 3:52:03 PM9/17/09
to indiantreepix
Dear Navendu,
Meyenia erecta is the basionym (base name) of Thunbergia erecta, as
per the GRIN database
( http://www.ars-grin.gov/cgi-bin/npgs/html/taxon.pl?36603 )
- Tabish