Srinagar, August 2022 :: Campsis grandiflora for validation :: ARK2022-113

Alka Khare

Oct 1, 2022, 3:10:10 AM10/1/22
to eFloraofIndia
Hello friends

This was at Srinagar in August 2022.

Campsis grandiflora
Requested to please validate.

Thanks and regards
Alka Khare
Campsis grandiflora_Srinagar2.JPG
Campsis grandiflora_Srinagar1.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 1, 2022, 4:25:32 AM10/1/22
to eFloraofIndia
Alka ji
This is Campsis tagliabuana, a sterile hybrid between C. radicans and C. grandiflora. It has leaves are like C. grandiflora (Glabrous beneath, leaflets 7-9) but number may vary from 7-13, more important ripe pods are not produced, corolla falls off early,

Mahadeswara

Oct 1, 2022, 7:57:08 AM10/1/22
to eFloraofIndia
Campsis for sure.   Excellent climber plant . Plenty in home gardens and parks in my place.

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 1, 2022, 8:13:46 AM10/1/22
to eFloraofIndia
I have requested in the group earlier also. If any member comes across a true C. grandiflora: leaflets 7-9, glabrous beneath, corolla expanded above (as in C. tagliabuana) and more important pods rounded at tip, please do share in the group. C. radicans has 9-11 leaflets, pubescent beneath especially along veins, corolla tube narrower and not suddenly expanded above, pod pointed at tip.

Alka Khare

Oct 1, 2022, 8:29:45 AM10/1/22
to eFloraofIndia
Thanks Sir ji and Mahadeswara ji for the ID.

Regards
Alka Khare

J.M. Garg

Oct 2, 2022, 11:41:13 AM10/2/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Alka

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Alka Khare

Oct 2, 2022, 11:45:23 PM10/2/22
to eFloraofIndia
Thank you Garg ji for validating.

Regards
Alka Khare

M Swamy

Oct 3, 2022, 12:32:59 AM10/3/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks  Sir ji  for the  correct  ID  and pointing out the differences  among these  cultivated species.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "eFloraofIndia" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/CA%2BiuSFCBeChGYj_Pohy9EhUasH9qrGpFUMJKWLxc%2Bjo%2BrDO0AQ%40mail.gmail.com.