Eulophia ochreata-260610-PKA3

Prashant awale

Jun 26, 2010, 1:04:01 PM6/26/10
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,

Came across this terrestrial orchid at Yeoor Hills Thane. This was my first visit to this Forest. Thanks to Dinesh for providing me the directions. Sharing few close ups of this.

Bot. name:  Eulophia ochreata
family:Orchidaceae
Date/Time: 26-06-2010 / 09:25AM
Location: Yeoor hills, Thane.

regards
Prashant
Eulophia ochreata_itp2.jpg
Eulophia ochreata_itp5.jpg

tanay bose

Jun 26, 2010, 2:32:34 PM6/26/10
to Prashant awale, indiantreepix
Nice close up the flowers !! this plant has high medicinal importance and known to have anti-inflammatory properties.
Tanay

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)

Dr. Pankaj Kumar

Jul 11, 2010, 1:46:45 PM7/11/10
to efloraofindia
Nice pics Dr. Prashant. Dungriyal sir shared a beautiful pic of the
same plant last year it should be there somewhere among archives. Just
to get a full view of the plant.
I wish you had sent me some alcohol preserved flowers of this.....
Regards
Pankaj