Plant 2 for ID from Dr. Manorah

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 3, 2010, 11:01:10 PM6/3/10
to efloraofindia, TANAY BOSE, Muthu Karthick, Rashida Atthar, Vijayasankar Raman, Dinesh Valke, Pankaj Oudhia, bodhi-n...@googlegroups.com
this is the second plant sent by Dr. Manorah for ID. Kindly help. No details. I have reduced the sizes of the images.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

DSC05154.JPG
DSC05155.JPG
DSC05156.JPG

Dinesh Valke

Jun 3, 2010, 11:26:33 PM6/3/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, TANAY BOSE, Muthu Karthick, Rashida Atthar, Vijayasankar Raman, Pankaj Oudhia, bodhi-n...@googlegroups.com
... just as Vijayasankar ji's thought, me too think it to be Pouzolzia zeylanica, commonly known as graceful pouzolzsbush

Regards.

tanay bose

Jun 4, 2010, 12:15:34 AM6/4/10
to Dinesh Valke, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, Rashida Atthar, Vijayasankar Raman, Pankaj Oudhia, bodhi-n...@googlegroups.com
Pouzolzia zeylanica var. zeylanica

Synonym:
Parietaria zeylanica Linnaeus, Sp. Pl. 2: 1052. 1753; Pouzolzia indica (Linnaeus) Gaudichaud-Beaupré; P. indica var. alienata (Linnaeus) Weddell; Urtica alienata Linnaeus.

Regards
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 4, 2010, 12:31:13 AM6/4/10
to tanay bose, Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, Rashida Atthar, Vijayasankar Raman, Pankaj Oudhia, bodhi-n...@googlegroups.com
Tanay
Thanks for reminding me of Parietaria. There was a time when only other member of Urticaceae I knew besides Urtica was P. debilis  growing under rocks in Kashmir at high altitudes. This was introduced to me by famous Russian authority on Willows Prof. Ak. Skvortsov whom I had honour to accompany when he visited Kashmir in 1972 or so.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

tanay bose

Jun 4, 2010, 12:37:26 AM6/4/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia, Muthu Karthick, Rashida Atthar, Vijayasankar Raman, Pankaj Oudhia, bodhi-n...@googlegroups.com
Dear Gurcharan ji,
It was nice to know that I could refresh your memories!!
Regards
Tanay