Flora of Panipat: Galphimia Glauca From Arya PG College Campus Panipat

Balkar Arya

Aug 13, 2011, 1:37:55 AM8/13/11
to indiantreepix
Dear All
Galphimia Glauca
From Arya PG College Campus Panipat Haryana (220 Mts)
Pics on 23-7-11
Cultivated Shrub with small yellow flowers

--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964
Galphimia Glauca (1).JPG
Galphimia Glauca (2).JPG
Galphimia Glauca (3).JPG
Galphimia Glauca (4).JPG
Galphimia Glauca (5).JPG
Galphimia Glauca (6).JPG
Galphimia Glauca (7).JPG
Galphimia Glauca (8).JPG

Muthu Karthick

Aug 13, 2011, 1:52:14 AM8/13/11
to Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
Is this the same Galphimia gracilis Bartl. of Malpighiaceae?
--
Muthu Karthick, N
Care Earth Trust
#15, second main road,
Thillai ganga nagar,
Chennai - 600 061
Mob: 0091 96268 33911
www.careearthtrust.org

Balkar Arya

Aug 13, 2011, 2:02:45 AM8/13/11
to Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix
As per theplantlist.org it is different plant

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 19, 2011, 3:01:17 AM10/19/11
to Balkar Arya, Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix
I think this is G. gracilis only

G. glauca has larger flowers more densely arranged and importantly the bracteoles below the middle

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Balkar Singh

Oct 19, 2011, 12:48:21 PM10/19/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix
Thanks for the correction Sir

Ushadi micromini

Oct 19, 2011, 12:58:48 PM10/19/11
to efloraofindia

we have had a lot of extensive conversations about galphimia... right
here in last 6 weeks or so....
and we should now have the unique features of all galphimias available
here if we do a search....

all extensively referenced and links given... s ome i gave were from
univ herbaria and acitve research labs.
usha di
======

usha di