PLANT FOR ID 43 SMP 1 MAY2009

satish phadke

May 2, 2009, 5:37:52 AM5/2/09
to indiantreepix Indian
 I observed this tree on Mhatoba Tekdi In Pune Kothrud on 1st May.
Flowering must have been over a month back and now it shows only the fruits.
I could photograph some dried flowers on the ground just for identification.
I think this is Lagerostroemia microcarpa.
Any opinions?
Satish

--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com
DSCN0446a.jpg

J.M. Garg

May 2, 2009, 7:48:20 AM5/2/09
to satish phadke, indiantreepix Indian
Hi, Satish ji.
You appears to be right.

More details from Indiantreepix Database:

Lagerstroemia microcarpa (syn. L. lanceolata) Lythraceae  Bentek/ Nandi tree/ Nana, nandimara, naram, vellilav, ventheekk, bondara, kumbaya, nana, kaccai-k-kattai, vel-vila, ventekku, chinnangi at Khopoli,Maharashtra- Marc'09?; Nana on Flickr - Photo Sharing! ID040409phk - indiantreepix | Google Groups http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=Lagerstroemia%20microcarpa&w=all&s=int http://books.google.co.in/books?id=yNBPm1v3Fj4C&pg=PA181&lpg=PA181&dq=Lagerstroemia+microcarpa&source=bl&ots=9L4MhYkBx9&sig=oa-cmAV4p-T0k4tATs-6miPajRM&hl=en&ei=FzzXSYLvMoiYkQWzmMG_BA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=4

2009/5/2 satish phadke <phadke...@gmail.com>
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

JM Garg

Apr 23, 2019, 7:15:37 AM4/23/19
to efloraofindia, Satish Phadke
After going through all the posts in efi site, I feel it is closer to images, details and keys at Lagerstroemia parviflora
DSCN0446a.jpg
Lagerstroemia2.jpg
DSCN0440a.jpg
Lagerstroemia4.jpg