Mussaenda sp. (?) from Kamrup district, Assam

Karuna Das

Dec 28, 2012, 9:53:43 PM12/28/12
to indiantreepix, kd_dkc
Dear All,
  Attaching images of what looks likeMussaenda sp.

Date : 21.12.2012

Location: Kamrup district

Family : Rubiaceae (?)

Genus & species : Mussaenda sp

Habitat: Grows wild on rocky slopes

Habit : Shrurb

With regards

Karuna Kanta Das

Guwahati 781012

Catch India as it happens with the Rediff News App. To download it for FREE, click here
1._Mussaenda_sp._-_Habit_IMG_1095.jpg
10._Mussaenda_sp._IMG_1096.jpg
2._Mussaenda_sp._Habit__IMG_1094.jpg
3._Mussaenda_sp._IMG_1083.jpg
4._Mussaenda_sp._IMG_1084.jpg
5._Mussaenda_sp._-_flowering_twig_IMG_1090.jpg
6._Mussaenda_sp._IMG_1086.jpg
7._Mussaenda_sp._IMG_1087.jpg
8._Mussaenda_sp._IMG_1093.jpg
9._Mussaenda_sp._IMG_1097.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jan 5, 2013, 6:46:26 AM1/5/13
to efloraofindia, rites...@gmail.com, dr_m...@yahoo.com, tab...@gmail.com, dasr...@gmail.com, snmurt...@gmail.com, ghosh...@gmail.com, prana...@gmail.com, tuk...@yahoo.com, anupam...@gmail.com, rajibloc...@gmail.com, uzzal...@gmail.com, das.as...@yahoo.co.in, jackthec...@gmail.com, khyanje...@gmail.com, hima...@gmail.com, anan...@gmail.com, kd_...@rediffmail.com

With regards,
J.M.Garg
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 2030 members & 1,42,000 messages on 31/12/12) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 7500 species).
1._Mussaenda_sp._-_Habit_IMG_1095.jpg
10._Mussaenda_sp._IMG_1096.jpg
2._Mussaenda_sp._Habit__IMG_1094.jpg
3._Mussaenda_sp._IMG_1083.jpg
4._Mussaenda_sp._IMG_1084.jpg
5._Mussaenda_sp._-_flowering_twig_IMG_1090.jpg
6._Mussaenda_sp._IMG_1086.jpg
7._Mussaenda_sp._IMG_1087.jpg
8._Mussaenda_sp._IMG_1093.jpg
9._Mussaenda_sp._IMG_1097.jpg

Janani Eswar

Jan 5, 2013, 10:35:07 AM1/5/13
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, rites...@gmail.com, dr_m...@yahoo.com, tab...@gmail.com, dasr...@gmail.com, snmurt...@gmail.com, ghosh...@gmail.com, prana...@gmail.com, tuk...@yahoo.com, anupam...@gmail.com, rajibloc...@gmail.com, uzzal...@gmail.com, das.as...@yahoo.co.in, jackthec...@gmail.com, khyanje...@gmail.com, hima...@gmail.com, anan...@gmail.com, kd_...@rediffmail.com
Hello everybody,

As I mentioned earlier, a friend of mine and I study the families separately and make notes based on what is given on the eflora site. We have done Rubiaceae before, so I went back to our notes and compared it with the pictures Karuna ji had sent. According to our notes, flowers in this family have between 4-5 petals and quoting from the page "The stamens are as many as the number of petals and they alternate with them."

This may of course be an exception or I'm missing something but there seems to be more than 5 anthers. Everything else seems to be in order though!

Thank you

Janani Eswar

J.M. Garg

J.M. Garg

Aug 9, 2022, 7:01:23 AM8/9/22
to efloraofindia, Karuna Das

Looks something different.

J.M. Garg

Aug 12, 2022, 3:53:53 AM8/12/22
to efloraofindia

Looks something different.

Any idea about the family/ genus?

J.M. Garg

Aug 12, 2022, 5:30:12 AM8/12/22
to Lalithamba Avadhanam, efloraofindia
Thanks a lot, Lalithamba ji, for the lead.

On Fri, 12 Aug 2022 at 14:58, Lalithamba Avadhanam <alali...@gmail.com> wrote:
looks like a member of Combretaceae
--
A.Lalithamba

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Aug 14, 2022, 6:25:48 AM8/14/22
to Dr Samiran Panday, efloraofindia
Thanks a lot, Samiran ji

On Sun, 14 Aug 2022 at 15:47, Dr Samiran Panday <sam...@gmail.com> wrote:
This is Combretum sp.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Aug 17, 2022, 3:53:30 AM8/17/22
to efloraofindia, Lalithamba Avadhanam, samicnh

Some earlier relevant feedback:

looks like a member of Combretaceae- from Lalithamba ji

This is Combretum sp. - from Samiran ji

Could not find a match as per comparative images at
https://efloraofindia.com/2011/02/18/combretum/

Also tried other listed species here, but could not find a match.- from me

navendu page

Aug 17, 2022, 5:58:18 AM8/17/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Combretum roxburghii (described in many floras as Combretum decandrum)

Navendu
--
Navendu Page

Scientist-C
Wildlife Institute of India,
Dehradun - 248001.
Ph: +91 9611053510

J.M. Garg

Aug 17, 2022, 6:01:13 AM8/17/22
to navendu page, efloraofindia
Thanks a lot, Navendu ji
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Tapas Chakrabarty

Aug 17, 2022, 12:00:55 PM8/17/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Lalithamba Avadhanam, samicnh
Please check Combretum roxburghii.
With regards,
Tapas

J.M. Garg

Aug 17, 2022, 12:06:04 PM8/17/22
to Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraofindia, Lalithamba Avadhanam, samicnh
Thanks a lot, Tapas ji.
Yes, it is.
--
With regards,