Tree id pl.

ushaprabha page

Sep 6, 2010, 11:03:29 AM9/6/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Tree id pl.
habitat -wild. It was still growing. height 10 feet.
having long thorns. leaves -no smell.
P9040043.JPG
P9040044.JPG

Dr. Arvind Kadus

Sep 6, 2010, 11:30:25 AM9/6/10
to efloraofindia, ushapra...@gmail.com
Page Madam is it Capparis mooni? or Capparis sp. ?
Thanx,
Dr.Kadus Arvind,Pune
>  P9040043.JPG
> 190KViewDownload
>
>  P9040044.JPG
> 137KViewDownload

Neil Soares

Sep 6, 2010, 1:05:17 PM9/6/10
to efloraofindia, Dr. Arvind Kadus, ushapra...@gmail.com
Hi,
 Agree with Dr.Kadus. This is Capparis moonii. Sending some of my photographs.
                       With regards,
                         Neil Soares.

--- On Mon, 9/6/10, Dr. Arvind Kadus <agasti...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
Capparis moonii 1.jpg
Capparis moonii 2.jpg
Capparis moonii 3.jpg

tanay bose

Sep 6, 2010, 9:21:13 PM9/6/10
to Neil Soares, efloraofindia, Dr. Arvind Kadus, ushapra...@gmail.com
Nice catch of Capparis moonii by Usha Ji and Neil Ji
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant

Navendu

Sep 7, 2010, 1:30:10 AM9/7/10
to efloraofindia
The plant posted by Usha is not Capparis moonii. C. moonii doesnt have
as big spines plus the spines are always paired in Capparis. The
spines are solitary in this species. Its most likely to be Paramignya
monophylla.

navendu

On Sep 7, 6:21 am, tanay bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Nice catch of Capparis moonii by Usha Ji and Neil Ji
> Tanay
>

> On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 10:35 PM, Neil Soares <drneilsoa...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >   Hi,
> >  Agree with Dr.Kadus. This is Capparis moonii. Sending some of my
> > photographs.
> >                        With regards,
> >                          Neil Soares.

Satish Phadke

Sep 7, 2010, 3:38:56 AM9/7/10
to ushaprabha page, indian...@googlegroups.com
Madam will you please tell us where has the picture been taken ..Maharashtra? other state? Urban/ forest etc.? or Pune itself. I have yet to come across it. Very interesting.
Thanks
Satish Phadke

shrikant ingalhalikar

Sep 7, 2010, 4:07:00 AM9/7/10
to efloraofindia
I agree with Navendu ji, its not a young tree. Its a scandent shrub of
Paramignya monophylla. Twisted short petioles and long slender spines
indicate the ID. Detailed info in the format would have helped in ID.
Regards, Shrikant
>  P9040043.JPG
> 190KViewDownload
>
>  P9040044.JPG