petitions.whitehouse.gov for PuertoRico

Biswa Ranjan Jena

Nov 14, 2012, 10:00:28 AM11/14/12
to IndianSociet...@googlegroups.com, south-asia-...@googlegroups.com

nelson enrique maldonado ramos

Nov 14, 2012, 10:53:41 AM11/14/12
to south-asia-...@googlegroups.com, IndianSociet...@googlegroups.com

I am very upset that some of the members of this group have used this forum to vent their political viewpoints. The result of the plebiscite was not favorable to statehood. Once you count the blank protest ballots the truth becomes clear. Statehood only recieved 45% of the vote. Regardless, my point is that this is not a forum for venting political opinions. If this trend continues I will be forced to withdraw from this group.
Cordially;
Nelson Maldonado

Nalini Natarajan

Nov 14, 2012, 11:39:47 AM11/14/12
to south-asia-...@googlegroups.com, IndianSociet...@googlegroups.com
Nelson, I respect your opinion. The issue of status is a sensitive affair indeed, particularly for those who were born and raised here. I would hope this does not become a polemical forum for any political interest group on status or any other matter.
It was indeed started to organize cultural events and promote amity between friends of PR/South Asia.
Best
NALINI

Biswa Ranjan Jena

Nov 14, 2012, 12:26:20 PM11/14/12
to IndianSociet...@googlegroups.com, south-asia-...@googlegroups.com
Yes ,agreed with Nalini . The issue of status is a political issue & this is not a political forum. Everyone has their own way of viewing things. Knowing that it was mentioned  "Please do your part if you like ..".  Few days back an article posted which came form a PR member not from the author himself. Although it had some bad choice of words , it was not censored due to one & only reason i.e. " Freedom of Expression/Speech or You can say Basic rights. ". Yes , encouraging a Political debate in this forum goes against the forum definition itself. This post is just an Informational only , just like any other posts when an Indian ambassador visits PR or some important information that one feels the members should be aware of. Example : Internet has many stuffs (good as well bad) , should we ban the Internet just because "bad" stuffs are there ? Again question arises , the stuff that is "bad" for one not necessarily "bad" of another. Hence all such post must be taken in a lighter vein. Reactionary post must be left to the group members to judge by themselves.

Regards
BJ

nelson enrique maldonado ramos

Nov 14, 2012, 12:28:37 PM11/14/12
to IndianSociet...@googlegroups.com, south-asia-...@googlegroups.com

Thank you for understanding Nalini Natarajan. Let's hope the practice of venting political propaganda and agendas does not become the norm in this group. As you well put it, this forums main purpose is to promote frienship amongst those who love south-asian culture, through events such as the Diwali dinner at En Boga. I'm looking foreward to seeing all of you there this evening.
Cheers.
Nelson Maldonado.

BJ

Nov 14, 2012, 5:45:18 PM11/14/12
to south-asia-...@googlegroups.com, IndianSociet...@googlegroups.com
My best wishes...&  Happy Diwali to all.

BJ
Sent from Samsung Mobile

Nalini Natarajan

Nov 14, 2012, 6:50:35 PM11/14/12