Selenium RC to click on an element that has a link and save xml file

Gaurav

Feb 9, 2012, 11:47:15 AM2/9/12
to Indian Selenium Users Group
Hi All,
I am getting problem while saving one file after click one
hyperlink.
Scenario is like
1.Open page
2.Click on hyperlink
3.Window popup ask to save file,I need to save file handling window
save popup.
Can anyone help me out of that
Thanks
Gaurav
Thanks Gaurav

viresh sb

Feb 17, 2012, 12:53:44 PM2/17/12
to indian-seleni...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The window popup that was asking to save the file is from the OS related one not of your website its OS popup. So you have to use the Autoit script  or robot classes to handle it.

Regards
Viresh SB
9980867000

Gaurav
Thanks Gaurav

Thanks & Regards
Viresh S Barahanapur
Email:vire...@gmail.com
Cell:91+ 9980867000

Ekta Jain

Jun 5, 2012, 12:26:43 PM6/5/12
to indian-seleni...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I am having some issue running selenium in different test environment, wondering if anyone has similar issue.

I run my test in w7- IE9 and w2k8-IE9. I see different behavior on both of my environment. I am getting consistent good result on w7-IE9 but on w2k8 Idso see inconsistent result. Test some time pass and some timse failed ..and reason are not consistent. Some time selenium doesn't click on thing or wait time or browser run too fast..can't achieve the consistency.

Does any one had similar experience and how did they work around the problem?

Thanks,
Ekta

Gaurav
Thanks Gaurav

Rohit A

Jun 7, 2012, 2:28:55 AM6/7/12
to Indian Selenium Users Group
Hello Ekta,

I have observed similar issues in Win 2008 Server.

One of the reasons could be security of the OS.. I have not been able
to find a solution for this. But it seems that Windows 2008 Prevents
access to some of the elements in the webpage and hence some action
cannot be performed.

I have observed the same in Firefox too.

I hope you find a solution for this... Good luck

Rohit

On Jun 5, 9:26 pm, Ekta Jain <ektajai...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am having some issue running selenium in different test environment,
> wondering if anyone has similar issue.
>
> I run my test in w7- IE9 and w2k8-IE9. I see different behavior on both of
> my environment. I am getting consistent good result on w7-IE9 but on w2k8
> Idso see inconsistent result. Test some time pass and some timse failed
> ..and reason are not consistent. Some time selenium doesn't click on thing
> or wait time or browser run too fast..can't achieve the consistency.
>
> Does any one had similar experience and how did they work around the
> problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Ekta

Ekta Jain

Jun 7, 2012, 10:25:07 AM6/7/12
to indian-seleni...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Rohit for your reply.

Our Firefox seems good. W2k8 results are far better with selenium 2.21 but they are still inconsistent, which make it difficult to troubleshoot.

Regarding security if it doesn't allow some of the element it should not allow everytime. My test case pass sometimes but not everytime. i will still dig more into it. I am trying to get into the solution but incase someone has success please let me know.

Thanks,
Ekta