Abstract Submission Open: Session on Hazardous Pollutants in the Subsurface: GOLDSCHMIDT conference 2024 (Chicago, Illinois, USA and online I 18-23 August 2024)

pankajk...@gmail.com

Jan 24, 2024, 10:52:04 PMJan 24
to Indian Hydrology

Dear Colleagues,

We are inviting you to submit an abstract to any of our sessions to be organised at the upcoming GOLDSCHMIDT conference 2024 (Chicago, Illinois, USA and online I 18-23 August 2024).

Ø  10h - Fate and Mobility of Hazardous Pollutants in the Subsurface: This session covers the topics on adsorption, precipitation, dissolution, leachability, and mobility of hazardous pollutants in geological media/soil-groundwater systems.

o   Conveners: Dr. Pankaj Kumar Gupta (Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, INDIA);Dr. Lagudu Surinaidu (National Institute of Hydrology, Roorkee, INDIA); Dr Sushil Himanshu (Asian Institute of Technology, Bangkok, THAILAND)

o   Invited speaker: Dr YRS Rao, Scientist G and Head, Deltaic Regional Centre National Institute of Hydrology, India

Ø  10i - (Bio-)remediation of hazardous pollutants in soils, surface and groundwater systems: The session aims to showcase the high technology readiness level studies on (Bio-)remediation of hazardous pollutants, much needed for restoring polluted sites using eco-friendly approaches. This session covers the topics on biostimulation, bioaugmentation, microbiome-based remediation, phytoremediation, algae-based decontamination, nano or biochar materials-based decontamination techniques for hazardous pollutants in soil and groundwater systems.

o   Conveners: Dr. Pankaj Kumar Gupta (Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, INDIA); Dr. Farah Naaz (Argonne National Laboratory, USA)

o   Invited speaker: Prof. Anushree Malik, Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, title: “Management and remediation of Chromium contaminated Rania-Khan Chandpur Site, India”.

Mark your calendar with these important dates:

§  Grant Application Deadline: 15 March 2024 (early career delegates based in low-income or lower-middle-income countries; students and postdocs in planetary sciences based in the USA, more details here)

§  Deadline for abstract submissions: 15 March 2024

§  Deadline for registration: 1 July 2024

We look forward to receiving your contributions and seeing you at GOLDSCHMIDT 2024!

Best wishes,

Pankaj K Gupta, PhD

Lagudu Surinaidu, PhD

Farah Naaz, PhD

Sushil Himanshu, PhD

--
Best,
Pankaj

Adjunct Assistant Professor,
Wetland Hydrology Research Laboratory, Faculty of Environment
University of Waterloo, 200 University Ave W, ON N2L 3G1, Canada

Member and Co-Founder
Society of Young Agriculture and Hydrology Scholars of India (SYAHI)

Mobile/WhatsApp: 9760910741
P Save Water, Energy, and Biodiversity
Goldschmidt Flyer.pdf