UnknownHostException in android : Only Sometimes

Rohit Gupta

May 19, 2014, 8:00:42 AM5/19/14
to indian-...@googlegroups.com
I got unknownHostException on php web service only sometime.

At the same time other web services running well on same server with same host name.

When I have changed IP Address of my real device using a third party application, Then the web service response well to application, there was no Exception.

I think it's not an network connection issue because if there is any network problem then service doesn't work on changed IP address in same network connection but it works fine if IP of real device has been changed.

I have tried all possible solutions provide on internet regarding this exception on REAL ANDROID DEVICE, nothing work for me, it's a long time Headache for me, and I am still searching a good solution for this.

What are the real cause for unknownHostException on a REAL DEVICE, not in emmulator?

I have searched a lot about this exception on internet, But nothing works for me, even I can't find out the real cause for exception.

Paijwar

May 19, 2014, 9:38:43 AM5/19/14
to indian-...@googlegroups.com
do you have special characters in the url?
Android default sdk httpclient does not support all character.

-Pradeep
--

   Powered by → http://IAUG.in
   Twitter → @IAUGroup

---
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indian-android/a04d10ee-51fc-4b6c-9701-3515aab47aa9%40googlegroups.com.

Rohit Gupta

May 20, 2014, 1:57:15 AM5/20/14
to indian-...@googlegroups.com
No, I don't have any special charcters in my URL, same URL is running well when I changed my device IP, I can't use static IP instead of host name, because site is on shared hosting.