Invitation to a National Reform Summit (Haridwar, 5-8 April 2013)

Sanjeev Sabhlok

Mar 9, 2013, 8:22:13 PM3/9/13
to freedom-...@googlegroups.com, skc-...@googlegroups.com, India Policy Institute, spea...@freedomteam.in, fti-policy-...@googlegroups.com

Dear Friend

We all recognise the desperate need to reform India’s governance. We also know that politicians aren’t listening to us: the People. They are not implementing well-known reforms which are guaranteed to increase prosperity and remove corruption.

Therefore, a few deeply concerned citizens launched the Sone Ki Chidiya total reform movement on 26 January 2013. As part of this movement, we are organising a National Reform Summit in Haridwar from 5-8 April 2013. Details are available at http://sonekichidiya.in/national-reform-summit-5-8-april-2013/.

I am writing to invite you to participate in this reform movement and attend the Summit. We can’t afford to wait for politicians to fix India’s problems, for they themselves are the problem. Let's reform India ourselves!

The reform task is difficult but not impossible. It will begin by coming together on a common vision. Many of us are beginning to see real hope for the first time in our lives that something really good might finally happen to India. Let's make this hope come true by participating in this total reform movement which has been created for you, for all Indians.

Please forward this email as widely as possible within your network of Indian contacts so that India’s best reform-oriented leaders and citizens are informed in time, so they can attend and contribute their thoughts and energy to reform. Also please disseminate this on social media and through any other means at your disposal. We should aim to reach out to every nook and corner of India.

I look forward to seeing you in Haridwar in a few weeks!

Jai Hind! Jai Bharat!

Sanjeev Sabhlok, PhD (Economics)
Former member of the IAS (1982 batch)
Joint Convenor, National Reform Summit