Re: [FTI] Re: Indore-findings

Sanjeev Sabhlok

Jul 29, 2009, 4:29:46 PM7/29/09
to freedom-te...@googlegroups.com, India Policy Institute
Thanks,  Ram

That's a very good idea. This needs to be discussed on the IPI group (copy above) where the Adharshila concept is being discussed. I'm waiting for more comments from members on the foundational idea of Adharshila - the draft document I circulated (2nd version). I'll revert to this after a few others have commented on it.

Regards
Sanjeev

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 11:04 PM, Ram Kumar <rka...@gmail.com> wrote:

dear sanjeev,

Agreeing your thoughts.one idea comes to my mind for setting up one
adharshila leadership institute at national level for development of
leaders as t n sheshan has tried an effort then have similar centres
in each state or on a specific population size.

Some people have really benefitted out of that effort & i am aware
about some politicians hiring young people from such institutes.

This model itself can be sustainable if run by credible people with
only      2-3 people fulltime & rest faculties coming part time from
across the globe.

One such effort is being run in japan & it has produced remarkable results.

We can begin with an online virtual course to scale it in physical
format with a national centre for leadership.

Best regards

On 7/29/09, Sanjeev Sabhlok <sab...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>> c. We have to be in news in the local media on a continuous basis. The
>> Indore outreach effort is not the only effort that has to be done, It has
>> be followed up by similar small efforts on a monthly basis and then on a
>> weekly basis as per convenience. We have to leave a stamp in the minds of
>> the people that we will bring the change that they expect.
>>
>> - We should not meet school / college children - I do not agree with this
>> too. I think it is really worth meeting impressionable school and college
>> children - because
>> a. they are the ones who will be voting for us in the times to come.
>> b. they will discuss the same issues at their homes - amongst their
>> families and friends, and, maybe even bring in members of their families
>> the web-site - by virtue of their being internet savvy.
>>
>> - Showcase - It means a well defined strategy with a proper time line and
>> alternatives - showcasing what if alternative 1 fails, etc. We have to be
>> committed to achieve our goals by 2014 and hence create a strategy to
>> according to the same. The moment we start talking about 2019 - it starts
>> looking rather unreal and too futuristic.
>>
>> - Attached is a document - with a brief profile of Shantanu (I guess this
>> is called a Penn Profile).
>>
>> Thank you
>> Ajay.
>>

>> On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 7:04 AM, Sanjeev Sabhlok <sab...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks, Rahul.
>>>
>>> 1) Could we please have a Penn profile of someone that can be used as a
>>> template and load it on FTI google group?  (btw, why is called a Penn
>>> profile (is it short form for something?))
>>>
>>> 2) Re: young people - anyone below 25 is hardly worth talking to as far
>>> as
>>> FTI leadership is concerned. A waste of really precious time. It is good
>>> for
>>> such people to read out material, but for us to physically approach them
>>> for
>>> getting FTI leaders is a terrible waste of time! I think we ought to make
>>> note in the spreadsheet that outreach effort should avoid meeting school
>>> and
>>> college children. As far as Adharshila is concerned, that group (16-25)
>>> is
>>> perfect.
>>>
>>> 3) Still not clear on 'showcase'. What does it look like? Can we get an
>>> example please?
>>>
>>> 4) Fund raising: Clearly there are people willing to contribute today
>>> whom
>>> we have turned away because we don't know how to receive money. Let's
>>> establish that first and see what happens. Based on that we can talk of
>>> fund
>>> raising strategy - this is a separate task not just related to the Indore
>>> effort. What is worth noting is why the Indore effort did not raise a
>>> single
>>> rupee/ commitment to donate a single rupee.

R K Atri

472 Nav Sansad Vihar Plot No 4 Sector 22 Dwarka New Delhi 110075 Ph
99588-83111 / 9868610518