How can I revert to previously saved version of a file?

Mazal Ben-Ghiat

Mar 26, 2014, 9:12:12 AM3/26/14
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
After abridging a file, I saved regular instead of 'saving as'. How can I retrieve my unabridged file?
I'm pretty sure there should be a way because I 'saved as' afterward and the new file weighs much less than the original, so it seems the old data is still in there somewhere. Does anyone know how to retrieve it?

William Adams

Mar 26, 2014, 9:15:49 AM3/26/14
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
On Mar 26, 2014, at 9:12 AM, Mazal Ben-Ghiat wrote:

> After abridging a file, I saved regular instead of 'saving as'. How can I retrieve my unabridged file?
> I'm pretty sure there should be a way because I 'saved as' afterward and the new file weighs much less than the original, so it seems the old data is still in there somewhere. Does anyone know how to retrieve it?

If you still have the file open you may be able to undo all of your deletions and then re-save it.

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer