Prevent automatic wrap

Lucky7

Jan 15, 2014, 9:00:26 AM1/15/14
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
In a text box, I want to fill every line with as many words as possible. That works until I put a very long word in the text. Then all lines above that word are wrapped. How can I change that? See example attached. The upper text is correct, the one below causes problems due to long word in it.
testwrap.indd

John Kramer Design

Jan 15, 2014, 9:18:09 AM1/15/14
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
This is a result of "Adobe Paragraph Composer". It's trying to make a more even rag. Go to Justification palette (control-panel flyout menu or Comm-opt-shift-J) and see what happens when you select Single Line Composer instead.

William Adams

Jan 15, 2014, 9:19:30 AM1/15/14
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
On Jan 15, 2014, at 9:00 AM, Lucky7 wrote:

> In a text box, I want to fill every line with as many words as possible. That works until I put a very long word in the text. Then all lines above that word are wrapped. How can I change that? See example attached. The upper text is correct, the one below causes problems due to long word in it.

Switch Paragraph composers.

Paragraph palette | fly-out menu | Adobe Single Line Composer

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer

Dick Margulis

Jan 15, 2014, 9:25:41 AM1/15/14
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
Change the style from Adobe Paragraph Composer to Adobe Single Line
Composer. See attached.
> --

testwrapSLC.indd

Michael Brady

Jan 15, 2014, 10:28:17 AM1/15/14
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
Dick wrote:

> Change the style from Adobe Paragraph Composer to Adobe Single Line Composer. See attached.

Also check the range of allowed space between words and glyphs. I use a narrow range to keep the space more uniform.

Michael Brady