iMac repeatedly stops & restarts

katmcg

Aug 11, 2023, 2:43:41 PM8/11/23
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
Vladimir's Late 2013 Imac stops & restarts 3 -10 times a day This started when he upgraded to Catalina. Sometimes it even freezes.
Suggestions please.
I've been using CleanMyMac X. Might an app like that help?
Kathleen & Vladimir

R Evans

Aug 11, 2023, 4:32:48 PM8/11/23
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
My old work IT guy advised not to go beyond Mojave on my 2013 iMac because it could start to be unstable with Catalina.

Rebecca

> On Aug 11, 2023, at 12:43 PM, katmcg <kat...@mindspring.com> wrote:
>
> Vladimir's Late 2013 Imac stops & restarts 3 -10 times a day This started when he upgraded to Catalina. Sometimes it even freezes.
> Suggestions please.
> I've been using CleanMyMac X. Might an app like that help?
> Kathleen & Vladimir

katmcg

Aug 15, 2023, 12:55:51 PM8/15/23
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
Our fav computer guy & the IT guy said they don’t think the problem is Catalina. They have two 2013 iMac happily running Catalina.
They’ll diagnose it new week.
Kathleen

katmcg

Oct 12, 2023, 6:35:12 PM10/12/23
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
The problem was not Catalina. IT had to replace the motherboard.
Works fine now.