Guide across a spread?

Amy

Jun 17, 2024, 11:46:41 AMJun 17
to InDesign talk
Hello

I am wanting to create a guide of columns/rows that spans a two page spread and ignores the middle margins, for even spacing across both pages. I want to place images that overlap the middle fold but maintain my grid and gutters.

Any tips on how to do this? I'm still new to the program. Thanks!

mikewi...@jetsetcom.net

Jun 17, 2024, 1:58:19 PMJun 17
to indesi...@googlegroups.com

Hi Amy,

In InDesign, when you want a custom guide, have the Rulers turned on visible, and drag a guide out of the ruler along with holding down the Cmd/Ctrl key. This creates a “spread guide” that runs across the pages and the pasteboard.

Best to you,

Mike Witherell

mikewi...@jetsetcom.net

Judy Hicks

Jun 17, 2024, 5:42:51 PMJun 17
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
Drag out the guide from outside the page boundaries and it will straddle the spread.
via mobile
(punctuation optional)

Judy Hicks
Plush Design
40 Sixth Street
Petaluma, CA 94952

Judy Hicks

Jun 17, 2024, 5:43:00 PMJun 17
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
You can just drag the guide from the pasteboard and it will go across the spread.

via mobile
(punctuation optional)

Judy Hicks
Plush Design