In serious need of InDesign help/ a favour from a kind stranger!

lucy.alexan...@hotmail.co.uk

Oct 5, 2014, 9:42:57 AM10/5/14
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have a problem with a file that I need to send off to a printers first thing in the morning. I created an Adobe Indesign document on a laptop that I cannot get access to now, and stupidly saved it as an .indd file. I now realise that I cannot open this file on my InDesign at home (which I think is the latest version?). It says I made it on a different version. I have no idea what to do, is there any way I could send someone the file .indd file and have it converted somehow?? I'm sure it is possible, but I have been trying for hours and am at a loss.I think I need to convert it to an .idml file??

Lucy

lucy.alexan...@hotmail.co.uk

Oct 5, 2014, 10:06:57 AM10/5/14
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
Is there any way I could send it to someone to convert? I really need help!!

Harbs

Oct 5, 2014, 10:32:05 AM10/5/14
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
Send me a link to download the file and I’ll try to do it.

Harbs

lucy.alexan...@hotmail.co.uk

Oct 5, 2014, 10:51:50 AM10/5/14
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
Is there an email I can send the link to?

Lucy

Harbs

Oct 5, 2014, 11:34:28 AM10/5/14
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
harbs at in-tools.com

David Creamer

Oct 5, 2014, 9:59:53 PM10/5/14
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
InDesign will open most older versions; you will see that error is you try to open up a newer file in an older version of InDesign.

Every version of InDesign, including CC has a unique file format. InDesign CC 2014 is the latest version, buy, apparently, you don't have that version.

I believe your problem has been solved, but you could download the 30-day trail if CC 2014, open the file, and save it to IDML. Then uninstall the trial (never trash Adobe software).

David Creamer
IDEAS Training