Convert InDesign CC to IDML?

Noelle Devoe

Jul 15, 2014, 12:02:23 PM7/15/14

I made the horrendous mistake of not saving my resume as an IDML file and now I can't open a file I was working on at school (using ID CC) at work (who use ID5).

I can no longer use my school's computers (graduated), so sfter days of research trying to figure out how I could possibly convert my document to IDML without CC and coming up emptyhanded, I was hoping that someone here might be willing to help me out if I sent them my .indd file through Drive, or Dropbox, or whatever works best for whoever is nice enough to do me this huge favor.

Thanks so much in advance.

Helen W. Lee

Jul 15, 2014, 12:23:14 PM7/15/14
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
You can send it to me, Noelle. Use this addy (savladai @ me.com) for Dropbox. I have ID6, which I believe will open ID5 files. If I’m wrong I’m sure someone will correct. me. :>) I may even have ID5 on an external drive.

--

Helen W. Lee
Kamloops, British Columbia

Noelle Devoe

Jul 15, 2014, 12:29:39 PM7/15/14
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
Actually, the file I have was made in CC and I'm trying to convert it to IDML to open in CS5, so I don't think you'll be able to open it, sadly.

Thanks so much for reaching out and offering though! I really appreciate it!

Dick Margulis

Jul 15, 2014, 12:33:51 PM7/15/14
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
Helen, you misread Noelle's problem. She has a CC file that she needs converted DOWN to CS 5, not the other way around.

Helen W. Lee

Jul 15, 2014, 12:38:11 PM7/15/14
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
You’re right - I did misread it but I can still help her, as I also have CC. :>) I’m a bit of a packrat. <G>

--

Helen W. Lee
Kamloops, British Columbia

--

Take care
Helen

Noelle Devoe

Jul 15, 2014, 12:41:52 PM7/15/14
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
Awesome! Thanks so much! I'll send you the file right away! I really appreciate it! :)

karen kennedy

Jul 15, 2014, 12:51:28 PM7/15/14
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
Noelle,

If you didn’t get someone to do it I can backsave for you to idml.

karen

On Jul 15, 2014, at 12:02 PM, Noelle Devoe <nell...@gmail.com> wrote:

I made the horrendous mistake of not saving my resume as an IDML file and now I can't open a file I was working at school at work (who use ID5).

I can no longer use my school's computers (graduated), so sfter days of research trying to figure out how I could possibly convert my document to IDML without CC and coming up emptyhanded, I was hoping that someone here might be willing to help me out if I sent them my .indd file through Drive, or Dropbox, or whatever works best for whoever is nice enough to do me this huge favor.

Thanks so much in advance.

Dina Droubi

Dec 16, 2014, 9:43:54 PM12/16/14
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
Hello, I have same problem with Noelle too. I need to convert my CV to idml file. Can you still help me? How I give you my file?

David Creamer

Dec 18, 2014, 9:22:27 AM12/18/14
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
Just sign up for a 30 day Creative Cloud account and download InDesign CC. Convert the file and uninstall the software.

David Creamer
IDEAS Training

On Tuesday, July 15, 2014 9:02:23 AM UTC-7, Noelle Devoe wrote:

I made the horrendous mistake of not saving my resume as an IDML file and now I can't open a file I was working on at school (using ID CC) at work (who use ID5).

Irene Álvaro

Feb 3, 2015, 12:09:38 PM2/3/15
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
Hi there! Can someone help me too? I have the same problem as OP and I can't use the Indesign free trial to backsave because I already used it... Thanks in advance.

El dimarts, 15 juliol de 2014 18:51:28 UTC+2, dezignlady va escriure:

Bret Perry

Feb 3, 2015, 5:41:59 PM2/3/15
to indesi...@googlegroups.com

Did you get help? If not, I can do kit if you post iID doc somewhere.

Bret Perry
Studio IT Manager/Production Artist

ph 626-463-9365
fax 626-449-2201
bpe...@russreid.com

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately by calling the Help Desk at 855-486-5519.

Irene Álvaro

Feb 4, 2015, 7:10:12 PM2/4/15
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
Hi! I don't know exactly what I did, but I just managed to convert the file. Thanks anyway. :)

Brett Seybert

Feb 24, 2015, 11:22:53 AM2/24/15
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
Anyone still willing to make these conversions? I need the .indd file in that zip converted to an .idml so I can work on it in CS5. Thanks!

Bret Perry

Feb 24, 2015, 1:25:56 PM2/24/15
to indesi...@googlegroups.com

Did you get help?
If not, I've requested access... looks like access is restricted to invitees.

Bret Perry
Studio IT Manager/Production Artist

ph 626-463-9365
fax 626-449-2201
bpe...@russreid.com

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately by calling the Help Desk at 855-486-5519.

Brett Seybert

Feb 24, 2015, 1:59:04 PM2/24/15
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
Not yet. I think I've given you permission. I'm changing the file now to allow public access. Thanks very much for your help.