PDF looks and works poorly on linkedin

已查看 10,865 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

katmcg

未读,
2014年9月18日 19:34:262014/9/18
收件人 indesi...@googlegroups.com
McGraphics PDF portfolio looks awful in linkedin.com. Zoom tools and TOC go-to=page links don’t work. Anyone know what I can do to make the Pdf work properly and look good on Linkedin?

If anyone is on linked in can you take a look please:
https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?trk=nav_responsive_tab_profile&id=11602989
it’s in my Profile “Background” section, click on McGraphics PDF portfolio

Kat

katmcg

未读,
2014年9月19日 12:55:362014/9/19
收件人 indesi...@googlegroups.com
To access you have to be logged in on Linkedin.com, William. If you’re up for another go,
a search for Kathleen McGuinness and looking at my Background section would work.
Otherwise here’s a screenshot with comments. I’ll send this to Linkedin customer service, too. Same thing happens in Safari and Firefox.
LinkedInPDFportfolio.pdf

Stephen Marsh

未读,
2014年9月19日 18:34:052014/9/19
收件人 indesi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kathleen,

Linkedin has rasterised your PDF into JPEG files (right click on the pages).

<rant>As a “technology platform”, I have major issues with how Linkedin works, they reformat text posts in groups and have taken away the ability to edit posts (there used to be a 15 minute grace period) - so now there is no way to correct a post if the Linkedin forum engine reformats the text incorrectly after posting (this is not a WYSIWYG process), such as the case of adding a series of multiple hyperlinks without any text placed between each separate hyperlink (it will reformat all the links into a single string, not honouring the original line breaks).</rant>

katmcg

未读,
2014年9月19日 20:51:222014/9/19
收件人 indesi...@googlegroups.com
The attached pdf is only a screenshot, so it is of course rasterized.

But surely you don’t mean that Linkedin rasterised the Portfolio PDF I have on linkedin? That would be crazy and not in a good way.

Dov Isaacs

未读,
2014年9月19日 21:25:272014/9/19
收件人 indesi...@googlegroups.com
Stephen Marsh is correct. What you are seeing in the LinkedIn browser window is a rasterized version of your PDF. Whether they ruin your PDF at the time of upload or on-demand when someone clicks on it, I don't know. But they display is a fuzzy-wuzzy raster image of the full page at relatively low resolution. I certainly wouldn't count on LinkedIn to showcase graphic arts content. Put it on a real web server and provide a link.

       - Dov

On Friday, September 19, 2014 5:51:22 PM UTC-7, Kat M wrote:

Stephen Marsh

未读,
2014年9月19日 21:31:222014/9/19
收件人 indesi...@googlegroups.com
I was not referring to the screenshot Kathleen, I visited your profile on Linkedin and clicked on the portfolio and then viewed the pages:

Click on the portfolio, then scroll to any page - then right click on the “pdf” page, you are offered to open the “image” in a new window or to download the image (jpeg). If what you origianlly uploaded was a PDF, it is now presented as rasterised jpeg “pages”.

I did mention that I had issues with how Linkedin “does things” with user content…

If you have a paid premium account you may get some traction, otherwise if you have a free account I am not sure how far you will get with them (remember, YOU are the commodity in this business model).

katmcg

未读,
2014年9月19日 22:19:192014/9/19
收件人 indesi...@googlegroups.com
Wow, Stephen, this info is greatly appreciated.
I will delete the pdf and add a link to my site as Dov suggested.

katmcg

未读,
2014年9月20日 11:49:442014/9/20
收件人 indesi...@googlegroups.com
Is there another format I could use from IDD cs6.

katmcg

未读,
2014年9月21日 19:50:422014/9/21
收件人 indesi...@googlegroups.com
It seems links sucks on linkedin, too. I deleted my portfolio pdf tried to link to my pdf portfolio directly then to the pdf link page, a simple www.mcgraphics.us/pdf. On linkedin I get a message that Safari can’t open the page.

I finally just pasted the link into my Summary. Link isn’t live but at least it won’t not work if pasted into a browser.

I guess they don’t want you leaving their site.
kat

Dov Isaacs

未读,
2014年9月21日 23:13:442014/9/21
收件人 indesi...@googlegroups.com
Works perfectly fine in Internet Explorer 11 and Google Chrome (assuming of course that you have either Acrobat or Adobe Reader installed)!

            - Dov

On Sunday, September 21, 2014 4:50:42 PM UTC-7, Kat M wrote:

katmcg

未读,
2014年9月22日 11:35:562014/9/22
收件人 indesi...@googlegroups.com
My link www.mcgraphics.us/pdf
 works fine. It’s my link added to  “Summary”>“add link” in linkedin that doesn’t work.

I had a linkedin help ticket open. After half a dozen back and forths, my helper gave up and passed my problems to their IT. Progress!

Spencer Neal

未读,
2020年2月25日 06:28:302020/2/25
收件人 InDesign talk
Hi Kat

A workaround is to convert the PDF's to PNG's and upload as will keep its quality then - worked for me anyway

Best of luck

katmcg

未读,
2020年2月25日 08:09:202020/2/25
收件人 indesi...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone used PDF Expert—$79. I’m still on cs6, but upgraded to Sierra which upgraded my Acrobat Pro to a trial Acrobat Pro DC which has expired. I’d likely only need to edit pdfs for a week or two. DC is $299 for a single purchase or 24.99 monthly.

Kat

Sharon Villines

未读,
2020年2月25日 11:14:202020/2/25
收件人 indesi...@googlegroups.com
I switched to PDF Expert when I unsubscribed from every thing Adobe. I don’t like it and Acrobat Pro is the one program I really miss. The layout is not as good. If you want to just open a PDF, it’s fine but on a Mac, Preview does that. It is more expensive than it is worth for me.

Sharon

> On Feb 25, 2020, at 8:09 AM, katmcg <kat...@mindspring.com> wrote:
>
> Has anyone used PDF Expert—$79. I’m still on cs6, but upgraded to Sierra which upgraded my Acrobat Pro to a trial Acrobat Pro DC which has expired. I’d likely only need to edit pdfs for a week or two. DC is $299 for a single purchase or 24.99 monthly.
>
> Kat
>

> --

David smith

未读,
2024年5月24日 06:50:17 (4天前) 5月24日
收件人 InDesign talk
Hey Kat

You can use this tool, which will help you

 https://pdftopng.org/
回复全部
回复作者
转发