gov fraud site emails where I can submit scam emails?

katmcg

Nov 26, 2023, 6:21:58 PM11/26/23
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
Anybody know any .gov fraud site emails where I can submit scam emails?

Below is from my server
> You can add the following to your rejected addresses list in the
> account control center, but this might not block the messages since
> the Received from is unknown and the ip address 147.30.178.47.
>
> @98137.com
> @*98137.com
> @*.98137.com
> *@*98137.com
Kathleen
https://mcgraphics.us

Thomas Olbrich

Nov 27, 2023, 8:08:55 AM11/27/23
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
With a search for "pishing emails report government" + <your country>  you might find results like this:
https://www.usa.gov/where-report-scams
https://www.gov.uk/report-suspicious-emails-websites-phishing

However, since there is no fully global law, a report might not cause the wanted result, for instance if a site is hosted in a different country or continent. Yours appear to be in China:
https://www.whois.com/whois/98137.com

You may be more successful by contacting your email provider, while they may charge for spam filtering of your mailbox.
For gmail this might work:
https://support.google.com/mail/answer/8253?hl=en#zippy=%2Cphishing-e-mails-melden

thomas

katmcg

Nov 27, 2023, 10:43:24 AM11/27/23
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
My server, Pair.com, junk is set to the highest aggressive. So I’m adding into rejected emails every morning. My server said they can’t do anything for unknown addresses:
since
the Received from is unknown and the ip address 147.30.178.47
And it sounds like the US gov site can’t do anything, when emails are out of country - correct?
My earthlink server (for mainspring) rejects anything suspect. So now I have to go in and check suspect emails daily so I don’t miss anything.

No perfect solution, just don’t click bad links. Thanks, Thomas

Thomas Olbrich

Nov 27, 2023, 12:57:25 PM11/27/23
to indesi...@googlegroups.com
… and don't use only 1 email adress for all types of contacts, subscriptions, requests, orders etc. unless you can judge their reliability.
This site offers to virus-check websites for possible issues:
https://www.urlvoid.com
… although I can't really judge their reliability either: For your mentioned "
98137.com" the various checks take about 10 seconds and result in "Nothing found" which seems to mean 'no issue found' – nevertheless, obviously several data about this site / its provider are missing and reported as "unknown".

By the way, if I try to open "mindspring.com" (which appears to be the domain of your ID-talk email adress) I get a security warning in Safari + Firefox. – 'fun fact'?

thomas