School Budget Crisis & Walk Outs

Rhymefest

May 4, 2010, 10:32:56 PM5/4/10
to Independent Thinkers
Check out this new Soundcheck: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du4i9hdfIBQ
. Technically I'm not supposed to post a new Sound Check until next
Monday (lol!) but I heard about the walkout that several Chicago
Public High Schools are planning in order to draw attention to school
budget issues and I want to know your thoughts about how we can fix
the problem.

What is a solution to fixing the school funding issue and how can we
get the teachers and programs we love back?

El Che

angelb

May 8, 2010, 12:55:05 AM5/8/10
to Independent Thinkers
A solution to fixing school funding issues is for the staff to use the
money for what they need and not what they want. And if all the kids
wanted a certain program or a certain teacher back then they could all
get together and have a confrence with all the administration. with
their parents there just to make sure none of the teachers try to get
stupid with kids. but none of the parents can talk only the students,
let the students say what they want and lets them speak there mind in
a respectful way.

Karen Lee

May 26, 2010, 6:15:45 AM5/26/10
to Independent Thinkers
This is going to be difficult because there is no straight up way to
fix this.
If we want to see this to the end the parents and children are going
to have to
pest their local officials about this because all the local officials
want to be
in office again. Therefore, they are going to have to listen to us.
America knows
that we are falling behind on the education system and that the people
that
are with us most of the day are our teachers. Yet they do not realize
the
bigger picture. To choose money over the kids? If they really want to
look
at this in a political and non-sensitive standpoint the kids could
earn money.
To solve this situation we are going to have to get the parents
in on this (even our local officials have kids, we just need to remind
them),
and get the students. I think we should do it in a respectful way as
angelb
said it, but will we be able to get our point across and have the
adults realize?