JD for the position of Data Scientist based at Patna

Indeed Inspiring

Dec 1, 2020, 12:24:42 AM12/1/20
to Job Portal - Indeed Inspiring Infotech

Dear Candidate,

Please find below the JD for the position of Data Scientist based at Patna, Bihar for Husk Power Systems Pvt. Ltd. :-
Company Profile:-
Husk Power Systems Pvt. Ltd.
About Us
When people have power incredible things happen. Placing power in the hands of rural customers helps them realise their aspirations and dreams that they never thought could happen. Making this possible in every village is at the heart of everything we do.
Husk is one of the worlds leading rural utilities. We provide reliable power to households and businesses, entirely from renewable energy sources 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at a price they can afford.
We design, build, own and operate the lowest cost hybrid power plant and distribution network in India and Africa. We offer our customers a flexible pay-as-you-go energy service, using a mobile-enabled smart metering system. We provide low-cost energy that matches the growing needs of our customers; for households, community services and productive uses. Our grid-compatible solution can be rolled out quickly and cost effectively to support national electrification plans.
To date, Husk has provided electricity to over 12,000 homes and businesses in rural India and Tanzania, reducing 95,000 tonnes of CO2. Husk is poised to grow rapidly over the next four years and envisions adding over 300 mini-grids in India and Tanzania, deploying 15 MW of 100 percent renewable power plant assets that would eliminate 150,000 tons of CO2 per year (equivalent to eliminating 56 million liters of diesel per year). These mini-grids will serve over 100,000 customers.

JOB DESCRIPTION
Position Name: Data Scientist
Division / Function:Engineering
Location of the Job:Patna
Job Code (Will be generated by HRD):
Reporting Structure:
Reports to:Director of Engineering
Number of Reports with designation (if any):Individual Contributor
Position Objective
Are you a determined and go getter with a passion for technology? Do you want to develop a career in IT? Do you excel in jobs without artificial constraints or micromanagement? If so, you might be a great fit for our company. Husk is a successful startup with room to grow and we are looking for a self-starting senior full stack engineer to help build Husk Neuron a data driven intelligence layer. The ideal candidate for this position has a positive attitude, a tireless work ethic and an insatiable appetite for growth.
Getting a vast variety of massive data in and ready for analysis is never easy. Husk is looking for Senior Engineers to join our engineering team to lead the design and development of sophisticated tech to collect, transform and enrich data in a fast, scale and reliable way. This is an opportunity to solve complex problems across domains at a fast-growing, mission driven company. This position provides the opportunity to join a growing team that is changing the face of rural electrification in many countries in India and Africa, including Tanzania, Nigeria etc.
Key responsibilities include:
You will work closely with senior management to design and develop data models and data architecture to enhance feasibility and ease for data driven decision making.
You will collaborate with various functions for assessing their data needs and design scheduled reports and events to enable automated reports with high accuracy and uptime.
You will implement state of art data collection and AI driven data mining infrastructure.
You will enable and design predictive models for energy, revenue and uptime forecasting.
You will design and deploy machine learning algorithms that can enable autonomous plant operation based on predictive models and real time system performance.
You will be involved in development of AI based image detection algorithms for predicting failure and automate various system processes.
You will write high quality design documents and production code for a contained complicate feature set or function area that can be scaled across multiple sites.
You will mentor junior level engineers and provide technical guidance, and engage in design review for other team members.
You will be involved in rapid prototyping and believe in fail fast and succeed often.
Detailed Responsibilities
Data Design and Implementation
Uses his or her expertise to contribute to enable scalable data architecture and models.
Demonstrates strategic understanding of the rationale for design choices, within the scope of work.
Consistently contributes key ideas to the development of automated functionalities using machine learning and predictive forecasting.
Analytics and generating actionable insights
Utilize analytics throughout function to accomplish strategic goals
Use data to inform decision-making for strategy development and adjustments as necessary
Data Engineering
Define the data management processes in relation to definition, mining, analytics that need to be followed across the product development portfolio.
Create a data analytics dictionary that should be followed across the business domain.
Validates time estimates of others on the team.
Create and deploy machine learning tools and best practices to enhance productivity and accuracy across various problem statements.
Optimizes team processes to improve quality, engineering productivity, and responsiveness to feedback and changing priorities.
Requirements:
Proven foundation in computer science/electronics, Applied mathematics/Statistics with strong competences in data analytics, data representation and data definition.
Proficiency in Python, R and RDBMS
Experience in statistical modelling, machine learning, data mining, Predictive Classification Models for structured data, Cluster Analysis
Knowledge of statistical techniques, machine learning algorithms and deep learning frameworks like Tensorflow, Theano, Keras, Pytorch.
Knowledge of RDBMS(SQL, MySQL or other RDBMS)
Experience in Programming in at least one of the following languages: Java, C, C++, C#.
Excellent problem solving, collaboration and communication skills
Self-starter who is comfortable taking a task and delivering on it without lots of management
Desirable:
Experience with major public cloud platforms: AWS, GCP, Azure.
Understanding and hands-on experience in open source data collection and processing technologies, e.g. fluent, Kafka, Hadoop, Spark
Education:
BS/B-Tech or MS/M-Tech in Computer Science or related engineering discipline.

Kindly share your updated CV with the following details
Current CTC -
Expected CTC -
Notice Period
Reason for a job change