Public Statement of Licensing

Journeyman

Mar 16, 2014, 4:41:00 PM3/16/14
to incu...@googlegroups.com
  This is a public statement of licensing for the Incursion source code.
It can be copied and included with any other versions of Incursion or
derived works that are made.

  Incursion is released under the Open Game License included in its
online help. Effective immediately, the definition of what constitutes
product identity is altered to nothing; every part of the distributed
Incursion game (excluding the Allegro graphics library), including
the RPG game mechanics, implied setting, manual, world generator,
source code, algorithms, monsters, classes, races, flavor text and so
forth.

  All parts of Incursion which are the original work of Julian Mensch
and are not derivative works (as defined by law) of material owned by
Wizards of the Coast or the authors of components like the Allegro
graphics library, the ACCENT compiler-compiler or any similar item
of distinct source are hereby released under the Creative Commons
Attribution 3.0 Unported license; they are thus dual-licensed as Open
Game Content and Creative Commons content.

  Any legal responsibility for interpreting the above paragraph falls to
the individuals or groups wishing to make use of this content outside
the OGL. The text above should be understood to release as CC-BY
only the material that Julian Mensch has the legal right to release,
and not any content owned by other parties, which Julian Mensch
does not assert any ownership over.

  Developing Incursion is aided by the ACCENT compiler compiler,
which is not part of Incursion -- merely a tool used in its build process.
I have altered ACCENT to produce C++ source code rather than C.
ACCENT is licensed as GNU software; therefore my changes must
retain the same license. ACCENT is not part of the Incursion package,
merely a related tool which is not subject to binary linkage with
Incursion -- it is instead a distinct executable which is called as part
of the automated build process, which is permitted by the GNU license.
When my altered ACCENT is released, it will include the source code
under GNU as that license requires.

  I am issuing a polite and non-legally-binding request not to use copyleft
or anti-commercial licenses for derivative works composed primarily of
Incursion unless licensing conflicts make your project unworkable otherwise.
This should not be misconstrued as any kind of legal requirement.

Journeyman

Mar 17, 2014, 2:09:47 PM3/17/14
to incu...@googlegroups.com
  I just realized the second paragraph of this rather important post is
incoherent due to a missing sentence clause. Please accept this
corrected statement. Thanks!

----

  This is a public statement of licensing for the Incursion source code.
It can be copied and included with any other versions of Incursion or
derived works that are made.

  Incursion is released under the Open Game License included in its
online help. Effective immediately, the definition of what constitutes
original product identity in Incursion is altered to nothing. Every part
of the distributed Incursion game (excluding the Allegro graphics library),
including the RPG game mechanics, implied setting, manual, world
generator, source code, algorithms, monsters, classes, races, flavor
text and so forth are to be considered Open Game Content.

K M

Mar 18, 2014, 6:09:04 AM3/18/14
to incu...@googlegroups.com
Wow, thanks for making the implied setting & monsters OGL-friendly.