Little help with Sabine

ndtay...@gmail.com

Jun 27, 2013, 9:17:54 PM6/27/13
to incu...@googlegroups.com
I recently stumbled across this game and am playing a barbarian/cleric who worships Sabine, and I'd like a little clarity on his dislike of caution. More specifically, he's getting ticked of at me resting, even when I'm low on health and oom, is there a way to rest without pissing him off?

Another thing, does the stricture against allies apply to holy summoning spells?

Jason Dixon

Jun 27, 2013, 10:04:04 PM6/27/13
to incu...@googlegroups.com
As for allies, you can set the option that allies' actions don't affect your alignment or standing with gods.  As for Sabine, you might just be in a bad spot.  Have you failed to gain XP between rests?  Are you too high-leveled for your own dungeon level?  Have you failed to explore new tiles between rests?

--

---

Frumple

Jun 27, 2013, 10:08:36 PM6/27/13
to incu...@googlegroups.com
To the second one, yeah, it applies. With Sabine, any allies at all will trigger the temper. Zurvash can get away with animals, but that's it.

As to the first one, I've... actually forgotten what exactly the condition is. I want to say it's a relation between character level and the depth you're resting at, but that may be (is likely) inaccurate. Could also be something related to amount of times rested per level (dungeon or character, unsure)... or something else entirely, ha. There was a full religion spoiler (code snippit, actually, iirc) running around one of the groups at some point... not sure if it's still around.

Somewhat unrelated, but you might enjoy giving a Zurvash version of that build a run. Pain/passion/<other> cleric up to level 3, then full in into barbarian. The built in vampirism effect (1 hp per 10 damage dealt to other things) and fatigue regen after level 3 is pretty sexy, heh.

ndtay...@gmail.com

Jun 28, 2013, 2:02:32 AM6/28/13
to incu...@googlegroups.com
Maybe it's the level thing, I've been pretty methodical about clearing each level, I think I'm on the 4th floor and am lvl 5 atm, not sure if I would be able to take this stuff at a lower level though, just met a group of elite mongerelmen who's initial barrage of thrown daggers took me from 60>12 and I ended up abusing fogbanks to fire off all of my crossbow bolts before cleaning up the rest with my scythe :D After that I ran into a group of gremlins while trekking back to my altar to sac corpses and would have died without a dimension door pot. Tanglefoot bags + mass thrown attacks make gremlins pretty tough :P

BTW is there a good way to get crossbow bolts? Biggest stack I've ever had was 30, and while I can make them using crafting using an entire day to make 8 when resting pisses off my god makes crafting somewhat unfeasible. Kinda miss my rangers, arrows are super easy to find :P

Frumple

Jun 28, 2013, 2:08:26 AM6/28/13
to incu...@googlegroups.com
On Thursday, June 27, 2013 9:04:04 PM UTC-5, Jason wrote:
As for allies, you can set the option that allies' actions don't affect your alignment or standing with gods.  As for Sabine, you might just be in a bad spot.  Have you failed to gain XP between rests?  Are you too high-leveled for your own dungeon level?  Have you failed to explore new tiles between rests?

Haha. Actually, disabling complicity only effects alignment issues, iirc. Allies can still manage to royally infuriate a few of the gods. Just by being there with Zurvash or Sabine, but I think there's a few that have other issues (you hitting them with an AoE effect, them deciding to murder quelled stuff, etc., so forth, so on.).

Jason Dixon

Jun 28, 2013, 8:59:06 AM6/28/13
to incu...@googlegroups.com
If you want Sabine powers but with less of the mess, and you aren't also tied heart and soul to the domains, go with Essiah.  She allows you to make offerings to Sabine.  In fact, she's the most tolerant of cross-faith offerings out of the entire pantheon, and I've never had her get angry with me for resting too long.

ndtay...@gmail.com

Jun 28, 2013, 4:59:53 PM6/28/13
to incu...@googlegroups.com
Hmm, I don't actually think it has anything to do with level, I'm starting to think that is is triggered if I use listen before I rest or rest in an absolutely safe locations, A few times when I've just plonked down after a fight has resulted in no transgression even on levels where I triggered transgressions before.

As for cross god-ing... I didn't even know that was possible :D Sabine kinda has a rule of cool thing going, and Weather domain is boss.

Frumple

Jun 29, 2013, 10:08:05 AM6/29/13
to incu...@googlegroups.com
On Friday, June 28, 2013 3:59:53 PM UTC-5, ndtay...@gmail.com wrote:As for cross god-ing... I didn't even know that was possible :D Sabine kinda has a rule of cool thing going, and Weather domain is boss.

Lay worship, yes. It's pretty great. I actually wouldn't suggest anything but lay worship for some gods, like the multitude (who don't hit you with the penalty for using positive magic -- i.e., healing potions -- when you're not directly worshiping them.), and a few sacs into several gods (Zurvash, ferex, is an incredibly easy way to pick up the toughness feat) can be pretty useful.

On Friday, June 28, 2013 1:02:32 AM UTC-5, ndtay...@gmail.com wrote:
BTW is there a good way to get crossbow bolts? Biggest stack I've ever had was 30, and while I can make them using crafting using an entire day to make 8 when resting pisses off my god makes crafting somewhat unfeasible. Kinda miss my rangers, arrows are super easy to find :P

Murdering gnomes and loca-whatsits, mostly. There's a few other things that carry crossbows regularly, but those two tend to be the most common. Keep an eye out for water rooms, that's where the loca-whatsits like to show up. It tends to be pretty easy to have a few hundred bolts by the end game... usually a few hundred less than you'd have if you were hoarding arrows, but still a few hundred.