[Incursion] YAVP - Tautha, Orcish Necromancer

pac...@gmail.com

Mar 11, 2013, 12:58:25 PM3/11/13
to incu...@googlegroups.com
Character logfile here: http://pastebin.com/WVCC5EZC

Highlights:
- I was down to 1 con while exploring level 2, due to quaff-id (tsk). I thought it'd be a good idea to worship Ekliazeh, to get his bonus to con....and completely forgot that I was an orc, and he hates orcs. But the sacrifice system bugged out:

A deep voice thunders, "Great glory be upon you for the sacrifice you have wrought!"
"You whose people have slain my children for millenia now appeal to me? Suffer!"

But nothing else happened and I got the bonuses for a while. For some reason throughout the whole game, even though I murdered everything and acted generally unlawful, Ekliazeh just didn't care.

- My second mistake was sacrificing to Xavias because I was greedy and wanted more wisdom. He gave some, but I went on being super chaotic evil and worshipping the multitude so he was pissed all game at me, divinely confusing me every 1000 turns or so. He did this while I was in the middle of the goblin fortress encampment (ouch.)

- After dungeon level 5, the game crashed 28 times until the last level. In a few rooms at the last levels, I kept getting item errors (I play on a mac, I get a lot of item error(3)'s), so I skipped them and went deeper and crossed my fingers.

- The Multitude was good for only two reasons - I never prayed to them for any aid whatsoever because my inventory was full of emergency stuff and the spells they gifted were nigh-useless, but they did save my life once from a gigantic life-ending critical hit from a saqualaminoi, and their divine summoned creature packs that you can kit out with equipment were awesome from d:4 onwards up to and including the encampment, making a lot of the 'murder a zillion enemies' a lot easier. I only had 3-4 cha to start out with, capping at endgame at 8, so I never got to animate dead and command a horde, but oh well, I played more like an evocator anyway.

- Murgash died in three Major drain shots. Dragons were waaay harder to kill than him (mostly because i didn't even know about Lower Resistance spell.) I had shaped my entire character just to do ridiculous damage with that and Eldritch Bolt, and Enervate if those two didn't work.  Then it was a short trip back up! Orc Necromancers are quite powerful.

P.S. Incursion is an excellent game, much love to Julian for his work!