Incursion (open source) 0.6.9Y7: 2014-04-22

Richard Tew

Apr 22, 2014, 4:23:44 PM4/22/14
to incu...@googlegroups.com
Changelog:
* https://bitbucket.org/rmtew/incursion-roguelike/issue/33/: Fixed
error message encountered when either creating a character, or
reincarnating it, depending on whether 'Flooded Cavern' region is
placed in the generated dungeon. This region had 'aboleth, with
slaves' defined as a possible encounter, but sadly we have no aboleth
(with or without slaves). Reported by holsety_s, but let's be honest
we were all getting it and ignoring it.
* https://bitbucket.org/rmtew/incursion-roguelike/issue/58/: Attacking
a door would calculate final damage before applying material hardness
bonuses (i.e. wizlock). Reported by Frumple.
* https://bitbucket.org/rmtew/incursion-roguelike/issue/62/: If one
weapon was ranged, all weapons would get the ranged tag in their
description. Reported by Frumple.
* https://bitbucket.org/rmtew/incursion-roguelike/issue/65/: Mobile
fields from spells which were cancellable, could not be cancelled.
Mobile fields from spells could be stacked ad infinitum, now they are
hard coded as non-stackable. As each day passes, persistent effects
should have been discarded, but a bug was modifying their duration and
corrupted their identification as persistent. Reported by Frumple.
* https://bitbucket.org/rmtew/incursion-roguelike/issue/67/: Moving
while up a tree no longer has a chance of falling if the creature has
the brachiation feat. Reported by Frumple.
* https://bitbucket.org/rmtew/incursion-roguelike/issue/71/: Creatures
attempting to move within a bad field (like a summoned swarm) would be
unable to. Reported by Frumple.
* https://bitbucket.org/rmtew/incursion-roguelike/issue/76/: Replace
spell list for 'Shadow Magic' which had same list as 'Phantasmal
Force', with Evocation spells as described. Reported by Frumple.
* https://bitbucket.org/rmtew/incursion-roguelike/issue/85/: Fix a bug
where if a creature had an innate ability and they rested, it would
infinite loop trying to repeatedly remove it and failing because it
shouldn't. Reported by Frumple.
* https://bitbucket.org/rmtew/incursion-roguelike/issue/86/: Added
'Heightened Senses' to the 'Mortal Coil' spellbook. Reported by
Frumple.
* https://bitbucket.org/rmtew/incursion-roguelike/issue/88/: Change
'Chameleon Shifting' from an INFLICT (which has saving throws) to a
GRANT (which has none). Specify the hide skill bonus should be +10,
not unspecified which is a +0. Reported by Frumple.
* https://bitbucket.org/rmtew/incursion-roguelike/issue/90/: Fixed
crash where attacker standing on magma dies from magma damage incurred
by attack/strike action, before actual strike action starts. Reported
by Frumple.
* https://bitbucket.org/rmtew/incursion-roguelike/issue/93/: Ordering
one summoned ally to return to their home plane resulted in all
summoned allies returning to their home plane.
* Slipping on a pool of grease would incur some damage, and give a
message that the acting entity fell. However, whatever action was in
progress would be allowed to proceed. Now the action is aborted, in
line with the acting entity falling over (and consistent with other
slipping types).
* Pressing escape in character creation when selecting gender would
cause a crash when the character was later reincarnated. Now it is
harmless.
* Using English instead of American spelling, because if they speak in
English accents in Game of Thrones, it's how they must do it in all
fantasy worlds.

Daniel Kelly

Apr 23, 2014, 3:42:22 AM4/23/14
to incu...@googlegroups.com
This is so exciting! Incursion is being updated XD Hopefully some enterprising individuals will utilize the work that is done to make a full-fledged world like the developer was intending. It's the most impressive roguelike engine I have ever seen to this day.

Richard Tew

Apr 23, 2014, 4:15:20 AM4/23/14
to incu...@googlegroups.com
That individual could be you!
> --
>
> ---

AngeloB

Apr 23, 2014, 5:08:52 AM4/23/14
to incu...@googlegroups.com
Nice! :)

Priority7

Apr 24, 2014, 1:05:50 AM4/24/14
to incu...@googlegroups.com
Yeah. I wish I could help out, but I lack the programming skills. Now, if they ever need an obscene amount of bachelor level math done, I'm their guy, but my knowledge of coding is rudimentary at best.

Daniel Kelly

Apr 24, 2014, 3:17:00 AM4/24/14
to incu...@googlegroups.com
Richard, I wish I had the skill and the time! I'm working on a content expansion for ToME 4 and that's testing my limits. Incursion would crush me lol