Incursion (open source) 0.6.9Y8

Richard Tew

May 6, 2014, 5:23:05 AM5/6/14
to incu...@googlegroups.com
An updated download is available on bitbucket:
https://bitbucket.org/rmtew/incursion-roguelike/downloads

Changes:
* https://bitbucket.org/rmtew/incursion-roguelike/issue/91/: When an
object was removed (and deleted), it would remove all fields (e.g.
modify objects within range) it had created which moved with it. This
would leak the non-moving fields, which would get removed later with a
hack, but because the creating object no longer existed the effects of
the field could not be unapplied so it didn't bother. Reported by
Frumple.
* https://bitbucket.org/rmtew/incursion-roguelike/issue/94/: Creatures
who see their friends get killed could have gotten afraid. Now
mindless creatures in general are excluded from this. Reported by
Joseph Kerr.
* https://bitbucket.org/rmtew/incursion-roguelike/issue/96/: Made
'Augment Summoning' an official metamagic feat. Note that if the only
metamagic you have is this one, the spell manager will simply say
'Au[g]ment Spell' in the metamagic listing; this is not a compound
noun, but a verb phrase. Players are expected to be able to reconcile
this to their 'Augment Summoning' feat. View the line with multiple
metamagic feats, to see the pattern. Reported by Karagy.
* https://bitbucket.org/rmtew/incursion-roguelike/issue/97/:
Refreshing the spell manager rebuilt the feat list, which added onto
the last time it was rebuilt, showing a more extended mangled doubled
list each refresh. Reported by Karagy.
* https://bitbucket.org/rmtew/incursion-roguelike/issue/104/: It is no
longer possible to mount something which is asleep. Reported by
Frumple.
* https://bitbucket.org/rmtew/incursion-roguelike/issue/109/: Prevent
mounting on a tile where it would not be possible to move to when
mounted anyway. Reported by Frumple.
* https://bitbucket.org/rmtew/incursion-roguelike/issue/110/: Logic in
the encounter generation badly checked if there was an actor involved.
I do not understand this game system, but this code is obviously bad.
Reported by Frumple.
* https://bitbucket.org/rmtew/incursion-roguelike/issue/116/: Using
static variables for inventory enumeration state means that if the
logic in the loop which is enumerating the inventory calls something
which in turn reenumerates the inventory before returning, then the
inventory enumeration state will be at it's end and the loop will
prematurely exit.
* https://bitbucket.org/rmtew/incursion-roguelike/issue/117/: Could
not use the escape key to exit the y key use menu. The code supported
handling an escape press already, but the flag to pay attention to
escape at a lower level was not passed.
* https://bitbucket.org/rmtew/incursion-roguelike/issue/119/: Trying
to talk to something that was not a creature, or could not talk, would
tell you they couldn't talk. Unless they were a creature who could
not talk, where you could order them if they were friendly to you. Or
if they were not a creature, when it went to see if they were
friendly, it would just crash.
* https://bitbucket.org/rmtew/incursion-roguelike/issue/123/: Bad code
prevented the faster than the eye feat from allowing a player to put
an item in a container and have it take no time.
* Turned on compilation warnings and found truncated values which
would affect things like alignment changing when eating appropriate
food, greeting people and encounter generation in unknown ways I have
not bothered to identify.
* Fixed a crash where writing text left the cursor off the side of the
screen, and the next time it blinked libtcod moaned about things being
out of bounds.

Charlie G

May 30, 2014, 7:19:32 PM5/30/14
to incu...@googlegroups.com
Hey man, I am really enjoying your updates, thanks for doing them!

Richard Tew

May 30, 2014, 7:53:38 PM5/30/14
to incu...@googlegroups.com
There will be another one out as soon as enough fixes have been made.

Cheers.