Incursion (open source) 0.6.9Y10

Richard Tew

May 31, 2014, 11:34:48 PM5/31/14
to incu...@googlegroups.com
Incursion (open source) 0.6.9Y10: 2014-06-01
* https://bitbucket.org/rmtew/incursion-roguelike/issue/11/: Fix
spelling mistakes ('breech'->'breach', 'percieve'->'perceive',
'inherant'->'inherent').
* https://bitbucket.org/rmtew/incursion-roguelike/issue/19/: In system
options menu, when switching to the 'macro bindings' page, the options
description was leaked from the previous page.
* https://bitbucket.org/rmtew/incursion-roguelike/issue/27/: Fix crash
bugs which happen when dipping an item into a fountain. The first
case was where the dipped item transforms into a hostile monster at
the location of the target of the dipping action, only dipping actions
do not have a target but rather a first item (the dipped item) and a
second item (the fountain). The second case was where the item gets
teleported somewhere on the map - only the map is larger than the
bounds of the Roll() function, so a bounds error would be hit.
* https://bitbucket.org/rmtew/incursion-roguelike/issue/106/: Fix a
bug where potion of mending could be applied to anything regardless of
that anything being a valid target.
* https://bitbucket.org/rmtew/incursion-roguelike/issue/106/: Fix a
bug where trying to apply something to an inventory items would crash
when there were no items suitable to apply it to.
* https://bitbucket.org/rmtew/incursion-roguelike/issue/111/: If you
summon a phantom steed and it does not like you, it would go away.
But the message to tell you that, was muted because of a previous
message output muting in the spell script which hadn't been
correspondingly unmuted in this case. Reported by Frumple.
* https://bitbucket.org/rmtew/incursion-roguelike/issue/125/: The
scroll position is now cleared when the scroll area is cleared, which
means that where things are scrolled to is no long
er the same even if something different was displayed in the scroll
area. Reported by Karagy.
* https://bitbucket.org/rmtew/incursion-roguelike/issue/131/: The
Lifesight priest spell affects natural living creatures, otherwise
known codewise as MA_NLIVING. There was no type name defined for this
value, so when looked up it would print as 'Undefined 91'. Now it is
mapped to 'Natural Living Creature'. Reported by Karagy.
* https://bitbucket.org/rmtew/incursion-roguelike/issue/133/: The
Forestation druid spell changes the terrain type, but turned allies
hostile. This is a general reaction that happens to friendlies who
are affected by an effect with EP_CURSE purpose. Forestation now has
an additional purpose of EP_FIX_TROUBLE which ensures allies do not
become hostile when affected by this. Reported by Karagy.
* https://bitbucket.org/rmtew/incursion-roguelike/issue/137/: Add
libtcod credit animation to the startup screen. Add some donation
text to accompany it.
* https://bitbucket.org/rmtew/incursion-roguelike/issue/138/: 'Change
terrain type' in wizard menu implemented, replacing stub
implementation which just put a 'wall of flame' tile down.
* https://bitbucket.org/rmtew/incursion-roguelike/issue/139/: When the
god Semirath gets angry, he tries to move things to random map
locations, but causes a crash instead. This is another case of bounds
being exceeded, and crashing ensuing.

Charlie G

Jun 2, 2014, 11:05:35 PM6/2/14
to incu...@googlegroups.com
Hi, this save is crashing when I try to load it:

Richard Tew

Jun 3, 2014, 3:56:42 AM6/3/14
to incu...@googlegroups.com
Ah, this is an old Incursion bug. It's not really something you can
avoid, as it's related to monsters deciding to pick something up.

I'll add it to the bug tracker and fix it for the next release which
should be today or tomorrow.

Thanks for reporting it!

On 6/3/14, Charlie G <grandep...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Hi, this save is crashing when I try to load it:
>

> https://www.dropbox.com/s/1x2vjzluiwlqqwv/Olgoloth.sav
>
> --
>
> ---

Charlie G

Jun 17, 2014, 12:38:02 PM6/17/14
to incu...@googlegroups.com
Sorry if I seem greedy, but is there a new update coming along?

Charlie G

Jun 17, 2014, 12:44:47 PM6/17/14
to incu...@googlegroups.com
Oh it turns out you made one, great!

William Turnbull

Jun 27, 2014, 11:38:55 PM6/27/14
to incu...@googlegroups.com
For the sake of incompetents like myself, do you mind giving somewhat more detailed from-scratch compilation instructions (at the Bitbucket project page and/or in the readme)?  I've failed several attempts to compile libtcod in VS2010 (running Win 7, if that matters), for example.  Compiling it with MinGW works, but does not provide a LIB file.  Either Incursion requires that file or I've botched something else.  Setting up the dev environment is always the hardest step when I want to tinker with projects like this. :/

If that's too much to ask, can you recommend any good resources?  Google's been of limited use.

Richard Tew

Jun 28, 2014, 8:58:41 PM6/28/14
to incu...@googlegroups.com
You're on your own with mingw. Ask someone in the community to do it,
I know at least one has.