Code generation overwrites Bundle Classpath

koeny

Jul 13, 2012, 5:36:38 AM7/13/12
to incquer...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Whenever code is re-generated (after modifying a pattern definition), it seems that the entries I entered for Bundle-ClassPath in MANIFEST.MF are discarded. Is this a bug in the code generation?

Cheers,
Koen

Zoltán Ujhelyi

Jul 13, 2012, 5:47:11 AM7/13/12
to incquer...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

the Bundle-ClassPath should not be overwritten - only additions should be done by the generator.

I have done a quick test to confirm it works that way. Can you give some more specific details about your environment to get an idea what might have gone wrong? More specifically, I am interested in whether it is the incquery project, or one of the derived projects (e.g. databinding or validation); which version of IncQuery are you using (release or ci build); and whether some exception or log is present in the Eclipse error log.

Cheers,
Zoltán

koeny

Jul 13, 2012, 7:49:15 AM7/13/12
to incquer...@googlegroups.com
I'm using the CI build (0.6.0.201207130312) on Eclipse 4 (Juno release, 20120620-1657), and the error happens in the IncQuery project itself. I don't see any entry in the Eclipse log.

I can reproduce it using the following steps:

1. create a new IncQuery project
2. add a new query
3. import a jar file from the filesystem into the project (in the root of the project, either by copying or as a link)
4. add the jar to the plugin's classpath (in the Runtime tab of the MANIFEST.MF/plugin.xml editor, or the Bundle-Classpath property in MANIFEST.MF)
5. modify the incquery file and save
6. The jar is no longer in the plugin's classpath.

Koen

Ujhelyi Zoltán

Jul 13, 2012, 7:58:10 AM7/13/12
to EMF-IncQuery Users on behalf of koeny
Hi,

this is indeed a reproducible bug. I try to look into it soon.

Can I ask you to open a ticket in https://github.com/ujhelyiz/EMF-IncQuery/issues to provide some traceability for the issue.

Thank you,
Zoltán
-- Zoltán Ujhelyi
https://www.inf.mit.bme.hu/en/members/ujhelyiz

Fault Tolerant Systems Research Group

István Ráth

Jul 17, 2012, 3:20:14 AM7/17/12
to EMF-IncQuery Users on behalf of Zoltán Ujhelyi
Hi,

Zoltan has fixed the bug (https://github.com/ujhelyiz/EMF-IncQuery/issues/232) yesterday. We would be grateful if you could check whether the fix actually solves your problem.
It is already available in the -ci build.

thanks!
Istvan
--
István

koeny

Jul 17, 2012, 4:56:58 AM7/17/12
to incquer...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The latest version indeed no longer has the problem. Thanks for the quick response!

Cheers,
Koen

On Tuesday, July 17, 2012 9:20:14 AM UTC+2, István Ráth wrote:
Hi,

Zoltan has fixed the bug (https://github.com/ujhelyiz/EMF-IncQuery/issues/232) yesterday. We would be grateful if you could check whether the fix actually solves your problem.
It is already available in the -ci build.

thanks!
Istvan

István

Ujhelyi Zoltán

Jul 17, 2012, 11:44:59 AM7/17/12
to EMF-IncQuery Users on behalf of koeny
Hi,

be careful with that version. It includes a bug, that duplicates the entries in the build.properties file of the project that can eventually result in a heap overflow exception. Please update your IncQuery instance, and manually delete the duplicate build folder entries from the build.properties file.

Sorry for the inconvinience,
Zoltán
-- Zoltán Ujhelyi
https://www.inf.mit.bme.hu/en/members/ujhelyiz

Fault Tolerant Systems Research Group

>>> incquery-user...@googlegroups.com.
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/incquery-users?hl=en.
>>>>

>>> --
>>>

>> --
>> István

koeny

Jul 18, 2012, 3:59:14 AM7/18/12
to incquer...@googlegroups.com
I noticed this bug, but it didn't cause me any trouble yet. I guess that's the risk of using the CI version ;-)

On Tuesday, July 17, 2012 5:44:59 PM UTC+2, Zoltán Ujhelyi wrote:

>>> http://groups.google.com/group/incquery-users?hl=en.
>>>>

>>> --
>>>

>> --
>> István

koeny

Ujhelyi Zoltán

Jul 27, 2012, 11:21:08 AM7/27/12
to EMF-IncQuery Users on behalf of koeny
Thanks for reporting this issue... again. Sorry, it should be fixed now for good in the latest CI build.