Survey extended - Removing racist & offensive terms from tech standards

Schnoor, Matthew

Jun 10, 2021, 1:34:48 PM6/10/21
to inclusi...@googlegroups.com

Thank you to everyone who has already responded to our survey about what Standards Development Organizations (SDOs) are doing to remove racist, offensive, exclusionary, and other harmful terminology from tech standards and related documentation.

We still need your help.  We need more survey responses.  If you participate in an SDO and haven’t already completed our survey, please take 5 minutes to complete it.  If you know someone who participates in an SDO, please forward this email to them.

The mission of the Inclusive Naming Initiative is to help companies and projects remove harmful language and replace it with neutral terms.  To support this mission, the Inclusive Naming Initiative needs feedback from technology professionals and enthusiasts who work with Standards Development Organizations (i.e., SDOs), since terminology plays a key role in established and emerging standards.

The survey has been extended and will be open until June 30, 2021.  Please submit all survey responses as soon as possible.

Later this year, we will publish a summary of our findings based on this survey on the Inclusive Naming Initiative website.  However, we will not publish any individual responses to the survey.  Any responses we share will be only in aggregated anonymized form that cannot be used to identify any individual respondent or organization.

The Inclusive Naming Initiative is an open organization that welcomes participation from individuals, organizations, communities and companies across the technology and computing sector.  For more information, please visit our website at inclusivenaming.org.

Thank you.

Matthew Schnoor, Intel (matthew...@intel.com)

Joanna Lee, Gesmer Updegrove (joann...@gesmer.com)

Standards Workstream Co-Chairs