INI membership application - Continuous Delivery Foundation

Oleg Nenashev

Oct 3, 2021, 5:37:45 AM10/3/21
to inclusi...@googlegroups.com
Dear Inclusive Naming Initiative Board,

My name is Oleg Nenashev, I'm the chair of the technical oversight committee in the Continuous Delivery Foundation (CDF). On behalf of the CDF, the TOC would like to apply for membership in the Inclusive Naming Initiative.

The CDF Interoperability SIG has been working on establishing a shared vocabulary for the CI/CD space, and of course we want it to use inclusive terminology. One of the projects, Jenkins, has been working on cleaning up the terminology in the past years. Some of the Jenkins community members participate in the INI and contribute to its marketing and tooling efforts. We would be interested to continue contributing to the Inclusive Naming Initiative and to encourage our project communities and member companies to participate in the effort.

We kindly ask about the following:
About the CDF: The Continuous Delivery Foundation (CDF) is a new, neutral organization that will grow and sustain an open continuous delivery ecosystem. It will provide unified governance and vendor-neutral stewardship, as well as oversight of funding and operations. The member projects of the CD Foundation are Jenkins, Jenkins X, Spinnaker, Tekton, Screwdriver.cd, Shipwright, and Ortelius. Website: https://cd.foundation

Best regards,
Oleg Nenashev
CDF TOC Chair

Oleg Nenashev

Oct 3, 2021, 5:37:45 AM10/3/21
to Inclusive Naming Initiative

Adam Kaplan

Oct 7, 2021, 2:56:19 PM10/7/21
to Oleg Nenashev, inclusi...@googlegroups.com
Very happy to see this, Oleg!

I think a lot of teams and companies will benefit from the Jenkins project's work to adopt inclusive names. Many of the terms on the Tier 1 list were/are deeply embedded in the project, and replacing them with better terms was not simple or straightforward.

Adam Kaplan

He/Him

Principal Software Engineer

Red Hat

100 E. Davie Street

adam....@redhat.com    T: 1-919-754-4843

Oleg Nenashev

Oct 7, 2021, 3:07:37 PM10/7/21
to Adam Kaplan, inclusi...@googlegroups.com
Hello Adam,

Thanks for your response! Indeed determinology clean up has been a huge endeavor for us, and there's a lot of work left before we can declare this project completed.

We modified our documentation, Web UIs, REST APIs and other user facing components. This part is mostly done. But there is more behind, for example binary APIs and the code base. It is a lot of work to change the terminology while avoiding massive breaking changes. We are doing significant progress there.

Best regards,
Oleg

Stephen Augustus (augustus)

Oct 7, 2021, 4:49:58 PM10/7/21
to Oleg Nenashev, inclusi...@googlegroups.com
Hey Oleg,

Great to hear from you!
As part of the CDF, you should be able to join via this link: https://enrollment.lfx.linuxfoundation.org/?project=ini

Once the paperwork is up-to-date, we can get you added to the site as a member.
Let us know if you run into any issues!

---

Stephen Augustus (he/him)

Head of Open Source

Emerging Tech & Incubation

augu...@cisco.com

Mobile: (212) 390-0094

My working hours may not be your working hours.
Please do not feel obligated to reply outside of your normal work schedule.

Oct 7, 2021, 5:15:16 PM10/7/21
to Stephen Augustus (augustus), Oleg Nenashev, inclusi...@googlegroups.com