Announcement from Celeste!

celeste.e.horgan

Jan 18, 2022, 2:47:42 PM1/18/22
to Inclusive Naming Initiative
Hello Inclusive Naming Initiative!

New year, new me: I'm writing today to announce that I am leaving  my position with the Linux Foundation at the end of January. I'll be taking February off, and starting a new position in March.

What this means for INI/you:

1. My next role isn't in open source, and INI takes quite a bit of effort to run. It's not fair for me to ask my next employer to allow me to continue in my current capacity. As such, I will be dropping from lead role(s) including running the weekly meetings. I will likely stay involved with the language workstream to some extent, but I need to figure out what that looks like.

2. Your main point of contact for things like sponsorships should be sponso...@inclusivenaming.org rather than me directly. My LF and CNCF email addresses are going kapoof!

3. My time to maintain the website will dwindle/will become my free time.

Next steps:

Please attend the next general meeting on Monday January 24th, especially if you are a lead. I sent out an email in December opening the discussion as to what we'd like to do with INI  going forward and didn't receive many responses. This is the last meeting I'll be "on the clock" for so I'd like to make some decisions and allot time for anything INI needs.

I'll still be around, but I'll be in more of a supporting role.

Thank you to everyone on this mailing list and anyone who has participated. You're all incredible and I appreciate you so much.

Regards,
Celeste Horgan

Stephen Augustus

Jan 18, 2022, 5:33:38 PM1/18/22
to celeste.e.horgan, Inclusive Naming Initiative, le...@inclusivenaming.org
Celeste,

Thank you for the immense work you've done for the Inclusive Naming Initiative, but really, across the wider LF and open source ecosystem!
It has been an absolute delight to work with you and I wish you so much success in your next role!!