Re: Issue 1082 in include-what-you-use: Feature Request: Support for CMake 3.24.0 CMAKE VERIFY INTERFACE HEADER SETS

notifi...@include-what-you-use.org

Jul 28, 2022, 2:41:24 PM7/28/22
to include-wh...@googlegroups.com
Comment #2 on issue 1082 by danielh2942: Feature Request: Support for CMake 3.24.0 CMAKE_VERIFY_INTERFACE_HEADER_SETS
https://github.com/include-what-you-use/include-what-you-use/issues/1082

If I added some functionality to iwyu_tool.py that requires an arg like ```--header_verification``` that detects if a file is in the form ```filename.h.cxx``` and runs analysis on ```filename.h``` instead of that, would that be a good idea?

notifi...@include-what-you-use.org

Aug 1, 2022, 1:25:58 PM8/1/22
to include-wh...@googlegroups.com
Comment #3 on issue 1082 by kimgr: Feature Request: Support for CMake 3.24.0 CMAKE_VERIFY_INTERFACE_HEADER_SETS
https://github.com/include-what-you-use/include-what-you-use/issues/1082

It seems to me like this feature in CMake is orthogonal to IWYU. The recommended way to use IWYU here is to run it on `filename.h` with the appropriate flags to recognize the language (e.g. `-x c++`). I don't think we should code CMake-isms into IWYU.

There is an IWYU mode in CMake, though, I wonder if it would make more sense to teach that to invoke IWYU the right way for header-set-generated `.cxx` files?

notifi...@include-what-you-use.org

Aug 1, 2022, 5:01:49 PM8/1/22
to include-wh...@googlegroups.com
Comment #4 on issue 1082 by danielh2942: Feature Request: Support for CMake 3.24.0 CMAKE_VERIFY_INTERFACE_HEADER_SETS
https://github.com/include-what-you-use/include-what-you-use/issues/1082

Good point. I'll try investigate it and see what I can do! thank you!