Issue 962 in include-what-you-use: Build instructions are incorrect

notifi...@include-what-you-use.org

Oct 27, 2021, 8:18:01 PM10/27/21
to include-wh...@googlegroups.com
New issue 962 by alejandro-colomar: Build instructions are incorrect
https://github.com/include-what-you-use/include-what-you-use/issues/962

Hi, there are a few problems in the build instructions in the readme.

- The cmake command line is incorrect. Instead of `../include-what-you-use`, it should say simply `..`.
- The explanation about branches for clang versions is very confusing. It seems like you have many versions of the master branch with different configurations for different clang versions, but it's simply that you map old iwyu versions to old clang versions, but the last iwyu version is only prepared to build with the latest clang version (and if you're lucky, a few more). I'd reword that.

notifi...@include-what-you-use.org

Oct 28, 2021, 3:28:17 PM10/28/21
to include-wh...@googlegroups.com
Comment #1 on issue 962 by kimgr: Build instructions are incorrect
https://github.com/include-what-you-use/include-what-you-use/issues/962

* It's not wrong per se, it's just one way to do it (I always keep my build dir outside my src dir because I like it that way)
* Yeah, that section is complicated, but I've given it my all. If you have concrete suggestions for improvement, I'd be happy to discuss them 🙂

notifi...@include-what-you-use.org

Oct 28, 2021, 3:33:14 PM10/28/21
to include-wh...@googlegroups.com
Comment #1 on issue 962 by alejandro-colomar: Build instructions are incorrect
https://github.com/include-what-you-use/include-what-you-use/issues/962

> * It's not wrong per se, it's just one way to do it (I always keep my build dir outside my src dir because I like it that way)

Ahh, I misread the directory. I thought iwyu was srcdir, but srcdir is iwyu/include-what-you-use. So it is correct.

> * Yeah, that section is complicated, but I've given it my all. If you have concrete suggestions for improvement, I'd be happy to discuss them 🙂

Okay, I'll try :)