Re: Issue 973 in include-what-you-use: Type required by MemberExpr ignored inside templated function

notifi...@include-what-you-use.org

Nov 30, 2021, 3:40:31 PM11/30/21
to include-wh...@googlegroups.com
Comment #0 on issue 973 by kimgr: Type required by MemberExpr ignored inside templated function
https://github.com/include-what-you-use/include-what-you-use/issues/973

> My current understanding is that when we traverse the uninstantiated template there is no way to tell what does f refers to in f->foo

But in this case the template _is_ instantiated, right? `bazz` instantiates it with `Bar`. So I feel like the use should be reported at least _somewhere_ :).

And yes, if `bazz` and `baz` were in different files, the use must be attributed to the expansion/instantiation, as that's the only place where the type is known. So probably the answer is that `bazz` should be the use location for `Bar` and `Foo`. Verbose output might give more clues as to why it's overlooked.