Re: Pull request 1252 in include-what-you-use: iwyu test util: add support for EXTRA IWYU ARGS env variable

notifi...@include-what-you-use.org

May 17, 2023, 12:27:30 PM5/17/23
to include-wh...@googlegroups.com
Comment #1 on pull request 1252 by kimgr: iwyu_test_util: add support for EXTRA_IWYU_ARGS env variable
https://github.com/include-what-you-use/include-what-you-use/pull/1252

Thanks! Sorry about the delay, I've been a little busy/tired. I'll need to think a little about the spelling, but the idea looks perfectly reasonable. I can't promise when I'll bounce back to this, but I will.

notifi...@include-what-you-use.org

May 21, 2023, 5:08:29 AM5/21/23
to include-wh...@googlegroups.com
Comment #2 on pull request 1252 by kimgr: iwyu_test_util: add support for EXTRA_IWYU_ARGS env variable
https://github.com/include-what-you-use/include-what-you-use/pull/1252

Hey @Flowdalic, I just posted https://github.com/include-what-you-use/include-what-you-use/pull/1261, and will merge it shortly. That should make it a bit more natural to add new arguments like this.

I would prefer the spelling `IWYU_EXTRA_ARGS`, as we already have `IWYU_VERBOSE`, and it makes sense to me to use a common prefix for all env vars. Otherwise LGTM, thanks!

notifi...@include-what-you-use.org

May 28, 2023, 12:19:59 PM5/28/23
to include-wh...@googlegroups.com
Comment #4 on pull request 1252 by kimgr: iwyu_test_util: add support for EXTRA_IWYU_ARGS env variable
https://github.com/include-what-you-use/include-what-you-use/pull/1252

Love it, thanks!