Re: Pull request 1253 in include-what-you-use: Add docs for always keep pragma

notifi...@include-what-you-use.org

May 21, 2023, 5:11:11 AM5/21/23
to include-wh...@googlegroups.com
Comment #1 on pull request 1253 by kimgr: Add docs for always_keep pragma
https://github.com/include-what-you-use/include-what-you-use/pull/1253

Discussions on pragma naming ongoing in: https://github.com/include-what-you-use/include-what-you-use/issues/1235

notifi...@include-what-you-use.org

May 22, 2023, 8:49:55 AM5/22/23
to include-wh...@googlegroups.com
Comment #2 on pull request 1253 by kadircet: Add docs for always_keep pragma
https://github.com/include-what-you-use/include-what-you-use/pull/1253

rebase to pick up CI fix.

Fixes https://github.com/include-what-you-use/include-what-you-use/issues/1235.

notifi...@include-what-you-use.org

May 22, 2023, 2:09:16 PM5/22/23
to include-wh...@googlegroups.com
Comment #3 on pull request 1253 by kimgr: Add docs for always_keep pragma
https://github.com/include-what-you-use/include-what-you-use/pull/1253

Might be a good idea to also cover `always_keep` in the summary section at the end: https://github.com/include-what-you-use/include-what-you-use/blob/master/docs/IWYUPragmas.md#which-pragma-should-i-use.

We can't really merge this until the pragma is implemented. The semantics look right to me, do you want to take a stab at it, or should I?

notifi...@include-what-you-use.org

May 23, 2023, 8:04:59 AM5/23/23
to include-wh...@googlegroups.com
Comment #4 on pull request 1253 by kadircet: Add docs for always_keep pragma
Thanks, updated that part too.

> We can't really merge this until the pragma is implemented. The semantics look right to me, do you want to take a stab at it, or should I?

It'd be great if you can take a stab at that, as I am not really familiar with the codebase