Re: Issue 795 in include-what-you-use: IWYU crashes with assertion failure `Name is not a simple identifier`

notifi...@include-what-you-use.org

Jul 19, 2022, 6:04:25 AMJul 19
to include-wh...@googlegroups.com
Comment #3 on issue 795 by kimgr: IWYU crashes with assertion failure `Name is not a simple identifier`
https://github.com/include-what-you-use/include-what-you-use/issues/795

I've played around with this a little off and on, and I can confirm that it's crashing on the lambda expression, because it's unnamed.

While that's easy to fix, e.g. by checking if the `FunctionDecl` lacks an identifier, doing so turns into a really strange suggestion to add a forward decl for `union f::::::X`. So I think it would make sense to try and fix the root cause -- we should not suggest a forward declaration in this case.

But maybe it's better to make sure we don't crash, so the analysis is a little wrong, but at least not entirely broken.