Re: Issue 914 in include-what-you-use: No combination of compilers or configs build for Windows

notifi...@include-what-you-use.org

Jul 6, 2021, 1:53:58 PMJul 6
to include-wh...@googlegroups.com
Comment #12 on issue 914 by kimgr: No combination of compilers or configs build for Windows
https://github.com/include-what-you-use/include-what-you-use/issues/914

#924 is merged to master. Could you test with latest LLVM and latest IWYU and see if MSVC is happier? Thanks.

notifi...@include-what-you-use.org

Jul 9, 2021, 9:50:39 AMJul 9
to include-wh...@googlegroups.com
Comment #12 on issue 914 by whb07: No combination of compilers or configs build for Windows
https://github.com/include-what-you-use/include-what-you-use/issues/914

Clang-13 and the one of the newer MSVC compiler versions completed fine. The GCC compiler failed.

https://gist.github.com/whb07/0a9ee26eea0ff989313e666c426520af

Thanks for the work.

notifi...@include-what-you-use.org

Jul 9, 2021, 9:51:32 AMJul 9
to include-wh...@googlegroups.com
Comment #13 on issue 914 by whb07: No combination of compilers or configs build for Windows
https://github.com/include-what-you-use/include-what-you-use/issues/914

Clang-13 and the one of the newer MSVC compiler versions completed fine. The GCC compiler failed. This is all with today's version of LLVM' master branch.

notifi...@include-what-you-use.org

Jul 9, 2021, 11:07:21 AMJul 9
to include-wh...@googlegroups.com
Comment #14 on issue 914 by kimgr: No combination of compilers or configs build for Windows
https://github.com/include-what-you-use/include-what-you-use/issues/914

The GCC problem appears to be a known issue with MinGW: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/14191566/.

I think we've done all we can from IWYU's perspective, so I'll close this as fixed. Thanks for testing on Windows!