Ir al primer mensaje no leído

Yanir Marmor

no leída,
1 ago 2022, 7:12:59 a.m.1/8/22
para inception-users

Hello,

We are working on improving our tagging pace, but one of the biggest delays is clicking every word we need to tag. We couldn't find a keyboard shortcut to navigate between words to label them.

Is there a way to move between words without using the mouse?

Thank you,

Yanir

Richard Eckart de Castilho

no leída,
1 ago 2022, 7:26:07 a.m.1/8/22
para inception-users
Hi Yanir,

> On 1. Aug 2022, at 13:12, Yanir Marmor <yan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> We are working on improving our tagging pace, but one of the biggest delays is clicking every word we need to tag. We couldn't find a keyboard shortcut to navigate between words to label them.
>
> Is there a way to move between words without using the mouse?

Keyboard-based selection is still an area that is lacking in the editors currently supported by INCEpTION.

As we move more and more towards building editors on new INCEpTION JavaScript API, I expect that at least some editors will start adding more keyboard-based features.

In some editors this may be easier to add than in others. I believe that the brat-based editor is one in which adding keyboard-based selection is comparatively more complex.

Do you need to tag every word?

Best,

-- Richard

Yanir Marmor

no leída,
1 ago 2022, 7:55:40 a.m.1/8/22
para incepti...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for responding so quickly.

I'm not sure how we could use other editors. We don't need to tag each word, but we have a layer that needs to be tagged with approximately 10% of the words. A keyboard prompt to move forward (such as a tab) is much faster than a mouse click on a specific location.

Best,

Yanir

Richard Eckart de Castilho

no leída,
1 ago 2022, 8:01:07 a.m.1/8/22
On 1. Aug 2022, at 13:55, Yanir Marmor <yan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We don't need to tag each word, but we have a layer that needs to be tagged with approximately 10% of the words. A keyboard prompt to move forward (such as a tab) is much faster than a mouse click on a specific location.

If the layer is configured for token-based annotation, you can simply double-click anywhere in the target word to create an annotation.

Are you often annotating the same tag? If yes, try setting the "remember" value on the feature in the layer settings.

If the answer to both is yes, you can do this:

1) double-click on a word to create an annotation
2) set the feature value as you desire
3) double-click on the next word to assign the same value
4) repeat for all words requiring the same value that you currently see
5) double-click on a word requiring a different value and enter that into the field
6) repeat above

-- Richard

Yanir Marmor

no leída,
1 ago 2022, 8:11:39 a.m.1/8/22
para incepti...@googlegroups.com

I appreciate your prompt attention, Richard.

We need to look into it. We cannot tag the data discontinuously (based on the audio files that we play), since we have to tag the data sequentially. We will check to see if the "remember" feature saves us time and clicks.

P.S. I would be very interested to know when new editors will offer keyboard shortcuts on a word level.

Best,

Yanir

richard...@gmail.com

no leída,
1 ago 2022, 8:24:57 a.m.1/8/22
para incepti...@googlegroups.com
There are no timelines.

The redesign is meant to facilitate the development of editors and to improve maintainability.

New editors or new features for existing editors are added if somebody contributes the code or if there is an opportunity that provides the necessary resources to work on them.

— Richard

Sent from my mobile, sorry for brevity.
Responder a todos
Responder al autor