ERROR: A JNI error has occurred

Giulia Speranza

Mar 31, 2021, 12:55:06 PM3/31/21
to inception-users
When I download inception and then execute the Jar File the following error message appears:

Java virtual machine Launcher
Error: ERROR: A JNI error has occurred, please check your installation and try again

Do you know why? What can I do?
I checked: I already have the latest Java version

Thanks

Richard Eckart de Castilho

Mar 31, 2021, 1:54:28 PM3/31/21
to inception-users
Hi,
I'm afraid it is still the most likely case that your system
tries to run INCEpTION with an old Java version.

In the next version of INCEpTION, we include a Java version check
that should give feedback on which Java version you are using instead
of producing cryptic messages.

You could try fetching a pre-release JAR here and see if you get a better
message when you try to start it:

https://zoidberg.ukp.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/jenkins/job/INCEpTION%20(GitHub)%20(master)%20-%20Docker/lastBuild/artifact/git/inception/inception-app-webapp/target/inception-app-webapp-0.20.0-SNAPSHOT-standalone.jar

Cheers,

-- Richard

Giulia Speranza

Apr 6, 2021, 9:25:23 AM4/6/21
to inception-users

Thank you. Apparently, I had an old java version. Now it is working!